Purpose of Role
The Manager of Event Marketing & Activation is the central resource dedicated to ensuring our brands are participating at the right events, in the right way with the right support structure in place. This role will work alongside our new 3rd party agency model to harness the power and investment in sponsorships and events. This role will be focused on achieving the target consumer engagement goals and ensuring we drive activation standardization across events both big and small.
- Financial - Budget management responsibilities for event activation.
- M&E - critical that we fail fast and learn faster - refine and adjust as we go to maximise the initiative
- Compliance - we will always be DMC, quality and safety first in our approach - this role will be critical in ensuring we don't expose our business or our consumers to risks
- Brand Aware - this role will ensure that brands show up at events and consumer gatherings in a way that is consistent with the brands purpose and tone
- Diageo North America has made a significant incremental investment in this Event/Hyper Local Activity Initiative
- Ensuring that focused DMA's and the right brand mix of spend is being achieved is important
This is a complex role that needs to simplify our Event/Hyper Local activation model for agency, local activation teams, promoters and activation staff alike. Developing fantastic relationships across key stakeholder communities will be central to your success. You will be agile and quick to course correct process and ways of working to enable the simple activation of amazing brand experiences at scale
- Leadership Responsibilities
- Accountable for the quality of activation across all markets and the day to day management of a 3rd party agency team
- Influential across many different stakeholders - local activation teams, agency partners, Brand/CP&A teams and external parties such as distributor, promoters and customers
- Responsible for the compliant roll out and maintenance of the program and the events that we participate in. We will never damage our brands or our corporate/personal reputations by taking shortcuts or leaving things to chance
- Project Management Skills will be important as this is a complicated and very large initiative covering many cities and planned/unplanned events
- Learning & Development will be critical to the CI nature of this role. You will ensure that our agency partners are equipped with the knowledge of our brands and target audiences to activate with skill and impact. You too will be open to learning and refining how we/this role operates and leads this important initiative
- Measurement & Evaluation will be important to help inform what's working and what's not and corrective actions will be made at pace
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Achieve the consumer & event goals
- Refine the way of working/agency model so it is sustainable and set up for success before end of year 1
- Day to day budget management of our hyper local/event spend.
- Leverage real time reporting to manage performance and inform planning
- Regularly review progress with key stakeholders and course correct as appropriate
- Resolve and/or escalate issues/risks quickly
- Strong Brand and/or Event Management experience in a branded environment (+5 years)
- Must have Project Management and /or Event Operations experience
- Insight and understanding of Non & On-Premise Event spaces.
- Engaged, influenced, and coordinated stakeholders
- Must have strong influencing skills
- Financially astute and must able to manage a large budget across many markets/vendors
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.