Pernod Ricard UK is part of Pernod Ricard, number two in wines and spirits with sales of €9,010m in 2016/2017. Created in 1975 by the merger of Ricard and Pernod, the Group has undergone sustained development, based on both organic growth and acquisitions: Seagram (2001), Allied Domecq (2005) and Vin&Sprit (2008).
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide. Pernod Ricard UK has identified the following key priority brands in the UK market: Absolut, Jameson, Chivas, The Glenlivet, Plymouth Gin, Monkey 47, Malibu, Perrier-Jouët, Kahlúa, Beefeater, Campo Viejo, Brancott Estate, Olmeca, Havana Club, Martell, Jacob’s Creek, Lamb’s, Ballantine’s, G.H. Mumm, Graffigna and Wyborowa. Pernod Ricard UK is a member of The Portman Group promoting responsible drinking.
At Pernod Ricard UK we believe that the conversation with the customer is the key to success. With new and significant investment in our field team, our business philosophy inherited from our founder Paul Ricard of “Make a new friend every day”, truly comes to life.
Through our extensive integrated field sales capability encompassing coverage in the Multiple Grocery, Convenience Retail and On-Trade Sectors we aim to optimise our presence and visibility to achieve excellence in the execution of our branded activations.
In order to facilitate continued growth, strategic development, activation excellence and commercial success we require a Field Sales Planning Executive to support the delivery of PRUK’s strategic commercial ambition through the translation of commercial and brand objectives into cohesive planning to enable execution and activation across trade channels at field sales level. This role will suit ambitious candidates with exposure to sales, marketing, planning or activation roles and will offer substantial opportunities for personal development ansd progression.
Resource Prioritisation & Contact Strategy
• Translate PRUK commercial activity plans (NPD, brand campaigns etc.) into a clear, prioritised and optimised field sales resource assignment, with relevant KPIs to measure performance
• Work with category & customer marketing to coordinate sales support resources to ensure successful activation of priorities
Analysis & Optimisation
• Collation, analysis and reporting of field sales performance data
• Assessment and evaluation of promotional performance
• Utilise these insights to develop recommendations to optimise campaigns/promotions/investments/resource deployment, and monitor impact of changes on KPIs
Tools & Systems
• Support of sales reporting system(s) in partnership with Field Sales Planning Manager and IT
• Maintenance of field sales databases ensuring data integrity and validity
• Support the design and planning of key trade campaign activities: Off Trade Christmas Campaign, Jameson St. Patrick’s Day Campaign etc.
• Works closely with the Integrated Planning Manager and Field Sales Planning Manager to define and deliver field sales planning resources
• Parallel reporting line to Field Sales Director
• Works closely with Field Sales Leadership Team and Field Sales Executives to support field operations as above.
• Works in partnership with Customer Marketing, Category, IBP, Commercial Analyst Team and RGM as required
• Networked with wider PRUK stakeholders & business partners across commercial channel teams, customer development, finance and marketing
Key skills, exposure and experience
• Experience FMCG customer facing or customer planning role(s)
• Aptitude for planning, critical analysis and business acumen.
• Understanding of the role of Category Development and Customer Marketing functions
• Strong planning and prioritisation skills
• Commercial skills gained in sales or marketing roles
• Graduate calibre
• Computer and systems literate
• Advanced Microsoft Office capabilities, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
If this opportunity sounds great for you please apply below to our exclusive Recruitment partner; Fluid Fusion Ltd.
Candidates must be based and eligible to work in the UK for this opportunity. Please provide your CV (in word format) and current remuneration with your application. Fluid Fusion appreciates your taking the time to apply and closely reviews each submission but sadly cannot always respond to all applicants.