Purpose of Role
The Project Marketing Manager Value Added Packaging (VAP) Manager - will standardize and formalize the commercial VAP process for the organization ensuring we develop best in class, compliant VAP. The VAP manager will manage the entire commercial process, input into the right offerings, ordering, allocations, communication etc.
This role provides the critical commercial: linkage, knowledge, and support across functions ensuring VAP is commercially sound, in line with brand strategies, impactful and are grounded in deep shopper, retailer and RTM understanding.
The VAP manager - will have access to and stewardship of a portion of the commercial VAP A&P budget. Will work with vendors and suppliers to produce quality VAP and maintain/reduce VAP COGs.
This role is complex and requires a significant portion of time working cross-functionally. The role requires management and influence of a large number of internal stakeholders across executive, supply, marketing and sales functions to deliver best in class VAP.
- Leadership Responsibilities and Decision-Making Rights
- Oversees all commercial VAP planning and delivery of VAP programs for and on behalf of the brand, Activation teams. Provides critical input to VAP GATE process - Is the Commercial VAP Gatekeeper
- Collaborates with brand, supply, customer marketing and sales/activation organization to deliver VAP OTIF
- Decide Go/NO based on cost, commercial relevance, quantities etc.
- Lives the Diageo Performance Ambition and demonstrates a deep commitment to our Leadership Standards
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Delivers " BEST in CLASS'" commercial VAP packages that truly impact the brand performance in service of the Mission - grow share and deliver financial and consumer imperatives
- Embed and manage VAP process and stakeholders to deliver OTIF, Best in Class VAP.
- Develop and communicated Commercial selling TOOL's - UPC's, selling materials
- Grow yourself and others by living our Performance Ambition and leading through action.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 5-7 years of commercial/supply or brand experience in a fast-paced matrixed environment.
- Strong Project Management skills required.
- Ability to Engaged, influenced, and coordinated stakeholders
- Must have strong influencing, negotiation skills and conflict management skills
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Financially astute and must able to manage a complicated and dynamic budget across multiple spend types and vendors
- Previous experience with Value Added Packaging, Holiday Gifting or Gift with Purchase
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.