Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
We are a young company born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
Please note this is initially a 12 month Fixed term contract
A bit about the team!
- Brand Technical Innovation, part of Operational Excellence Delivery, leads technology development for beer, packaging & dispense, and leads brand change activities for Diageo beer brands globally and also spirits and RTDS in Africa markets.
- We are the trusted business partner for the Guinness Global Brand Team and regional business centres for beer and mainstream spirits, including Diageo Africa Markets, Island Of Ireland, Great Britain, Continental Europe, Asia Pacific and International Supply Centre (St. James's Gate Brewery).
- This role is a key part of the Finished Goods Project Management team within the BTI function. The FG Project Management Team is responsible for ensuring world class project management standards are employed for a range of product related projects. These projects, ranging from packaging regulatory changes, right through to managing the delivery of highly complex programs which will launch amazing new-to-world brands. Other activities within the team include managing existing brand changes, brand extensions and operational changes. The role holder will operate as part of a fully integrated PM team.
- The focus of this role is to project manage the delivery of brand change renovation projects, from change request initiation through to production, and delivery to customer. The role also supports the innovation project agenda where appropriate.
- PROJECT management: You'll be responsible for managing the end to end process for renovation projects including full delivery of supply solution including ownership of the artwork approval process and administering SAP data processes. The role is also responsible for ensuring ruthless adherence to timelines, budget, and capturing and assigning owners to key actions. Excellent relationship management along with amazing communication skills are a must!
- COGs (product costing)- In partnership with Decision Support / Supply Finance, collate all associated financial information e.g. repack costs, packaging and liquid component costs, freight/logistics costs in addition to forecast volumes and project timings for submission into the project management Gate process tool (Planview).
- ARTWORK - Liaise with design agency, the customer and artwork studio on design brief. Ensure artwork design meets fit for purpose guidelines and is proven before production. Following sign-off, manage components through the Brand Change artwork approval process to completion e.g. Barcode development, mandatory collation, proofing and pre production press passes.
- DATA - Ensure that data is managed along strict deadlines to allow purchase of raw materials, dry goods and production of finished goods.
To be successful you will need:
- 3 years working in a FMCG or packaging company in an operations, systems or marketing support Role.
-Amazing communication and influencing skills
- Project management experience or qualification essential
- PLM, SAP Experience advantageous
- Ability to work with maintain relationships with cross functional teams, both in Ireland and globally located stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience working with artwork processes also advantageous