We are introducing a new role at Diageo, and within NRM specifically to support strategy development, and provide specific new package and price points recommendations at the size, channel and customer level. Work across Commercial Insights team to translate shopper insights into actions (from sources like Kantar, Nielsen, Technomic, and Infoscout ) to develop innovative strategies and potentially trade marketing materials that will help to enhance the connection at the point of sale with the consumer. This role will also help introduce new innovative concepts to address whitespace opportunities identified through analyses.
- Determine which areas present the largest opportunities for Diageo based on the size of the prize and ability to execute. The areas include categories, sizes, channels, and customers
- Determine which stakeholders are critical to executing the strategies, and ensure a plan is in place to influence those stakeholders.
- Determine optimal timing for promotions with the goal of adjusting the promotion calendar to drive higher ROI
- Influence price strategy for new to world innovation using the Occasion Brand Package Price Channel Architecture framework
- Determine NSV and GP impact of all strategic recommendations for years 1-3. This includes both headline price and promotion impacts.
- Track volume and value impact (M&E) following the execution of strategic changes
- Reports into the NRM Strategy and Planning Director (team of 8 in total)
- Will coordinate with advanced analytics and shopper insights teams where appropriate
- Will coordinate with Innovation where appropriate
- Will coordinate with trade development where appropriate
- Will coordinate with COE to help with analytics where appropriate
Complexity of Role
- Helps determine price strategies for US Spirits at a granular level (occasion, brand, pack level)
- Needs to understand how to optimize different price levers, including headline price vs. promotions
- Needs an in-depth understanding of different kinds of technical analysis, including historical elasticity, regression, and conjoint analysis
- Significant stakeholder management required across NRM, sales, marketing and finance
- Need a strong external radar to be ahead of macro, category, and occasion trends as well as understand what external data sets are available and useful
- Deliver NRM value through price and mix that is ahead of the industry
- Help create detailed price strategy playbooks that include headline price, and depth & frequency promotion strategy by brand, by size, by channel, by occasion
- Create data-based selling tools for the execution teams
- Synthesize data into compelling and simple stories for Exec reviews
- Minimum of 5 years of business experience - history of working with OBPPC framework strongly preferred
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills with experience in managing CPG price studies
- Business experience across multiple product lines and/or routes-to-market and/or channels - e.g., large store, small store, and Off/On-Premise channels; wholesalers
- Working understanding of P&L levers & value chain modeling
- Experience collaborating with brand/category teams and other key internal/external stakeholders; effective in influencing a wide variety of stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across functions
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint) and data mining tools are a plus
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.