BREWING VIRTUOSO NEEDED TO BREW THE VERY BEST BEER
We're looking for an innovative, consistent and experienced Brewer to join our motley crew and get elbow deep in hops, malt & yeast as they assist in brewing and developing our epic range of craft beers. In this role you will work as part of a small team of brewers on a 4/4 shift pattern rotating between days & nights, allowing us to brew kick-ass beer 24 hours a day!! (Don't worry though, our brewers get 23 days holiday a year too, so your work life balance will rock).
As a Brewer, you will work closely with your manager on duty and senior production team members to make sure that every drop of our epic craft beer is brewed according to our specifications, and in good time. You will be a great listener with a keen eye for detail and a willingness to learn. Quite frankly, brewing isn't just your job, it's your passion, so we're looking for someone with a great interest in the brewing process & its continual improvement. We expect you to come armed with proven prowess in the main areas of the brewing production process; this is not an entry-level role.
By dedicating yourself to perfecting your responsibilities and consistently demonstrating how to smash these operations and standard operating procedures out of the park, you will help train other Brewers to be the best they can be. You will also play a vital role in the communication between Brewing Management and the production floor and vice versa to make sure everyone's on top of their game and tackle any problems as they arise.
In this role we'd like you to think critically about our operations, be all about making BrewDog better; solving a problem, or a grand scheme that will change the game forever. With time, you will be given more responsibilities with regards to process execution and will be asked to contribute to discussions and decisions around process improvement.
Due to the incredible growth we're experiencing at BrewDog, all positions in brewing come with fantastic opportunities for career progression and personal development. We are also able to provide a relocation package for the right Brewer.
- Firstly understanding & then assisting in overseeing all aspects of process brewing, from fermentation to maturation and filtration, documenting relevant data and ensuring this information is concisely and clearly collected and analysed.
- Playing a part in shift handovers, passing over all necessary information to the next brewers on shift to ensure a smooth transition between shifts.
- Involvement in process development and improvement, following instructions and carrying out necessary tasks as instructed to meet production targets.
- Be a shining light in terms of Health & Safety and plant hygiene, leading by example and challenging any unsafe conditions you are aware of both within the brewing team and the wider company.
- Being a proactive member of a small team of brewers on a single shift, and an engaged member of our brewing department, assisting your site/team lead in coordinating the activities of your shift to ensure production schedules meet brewery targets.
- Promoting a positive and collaborative teamwork environment, you lead by example, are approachable and willingly offer support to those more junior to you.
- Ensuring clear channels of communication within the brewing team and with the wider production departments to guarantee the quality and consistency of our beers.
- Has a responsible and positive approach when tackling problems, involving other people to find the right solution whilst accepting the consequences with no fuss.
- Being an Environment, Health and Safety ambassador in your own conduct, and in helping to monitor the conduct of everyone on the production floor.
- Stock monitoring, keeping an eye on stock and inventory levels to ensure we are adequately prepared for the production schedule.
- Carry out any designated project work as requested and endeavour to drive results based improvements through this work.
- Continually pursue professional development opportunities both within and outside of BrewDog. To reach the position of Brewer an individual is expected to have completed, at minimum, the General Certificate in Brewing or the equivalent. Alternatively, previous brewing experience and/or relevant technical qualifications combined with the pursuit of a professional brewing qualification.
- University degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Biology, Brewing & Distilling or another relevant field would be a distinct advantage. But we would consider a 'time served'/battle-hardened' brewer who have learned their craft though, at least, a year of self-study & hands-on brewing at an industrial scale.
- At least a years experience in a paid brewing role is essential for this position. This is not an entry level role.
- You must love producing great craft beer with every fibre of your being.