*This is a talent pool posting, not an actual job opening. Please apply if you'd like to be considered for future opportunities.*
Diageo is the world`s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan`s and Old Par whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Essential Functions Overview
- Perform all job functions safely.
- Previous forklift experience preferred.
- Machine operator experience preferred.
- Must be qualified to possess forklift operator's license
- While performing the duties of the job, employee will be regularly exposed to work in busy, high traffic areas therefore, employee must be aware of all surroundings.
- Must regularly lift, push or pull up to +50 lbs
- Regularly exposed to a noisy environment.
- Work in and around machinery, moving vehicles and pedestrians.
- Operate different types of Forklifts (Regular forks, Double forks, Slip Sheeter and electric pallet jack)
- Accurate record keeping - Ability to fill out receiving tallies, Quality Control documents for Production and document product loaded out on trucks.
- Mopping and Sweeping Floors
- Using stretch wrap to cover pallets that the automatic system failed to cover.
- Picking up cases of product that have fallen off pallets weighing 10lbs to 40 lbs.
- Restacking pallets that driver knocked over. This could mean restacking 70 cases weighing 40 lbs.
- Setting manual dock plates by pulling on a chain to release spring. Force necessary to release spring is at least 50 pounds of effort.
- During 12 hour shift drivers require overhead pulling to get on and off lift to do paperwork and talk to truck drivers. This could be 15 - 20 times / hour.
- Some of our dock doors are manual, a chain is used to lower and raise the large doors. Force necessary to raise doors is at least 62 pounds of effort.
- Some of our trailer doors are manual roll up/down doors and require overhead pulling.
- Lifting, moving, adjusting pallets prior to forklift picking them up.
- Moving and dumping garbage and recycle bins.
- Occasionally moving inbound receipt boxes / etc.
- Lifting: Minimum: 20 lbs constantly Maximum: 100 lbs* occasionally
Lifting is performed with assistance of other workers / equipment.
- Repetitive Motion: Frequently manipulating controls on forklift. Constant entering and exiting forklift
- Dexterity: Frequent manipulating controls on forklift. Frequent completion of paperwork
- Climbing: Minimal
- Standing / Sitting: Constant sitting. Frequent standing. Occasional bending
- Walking: Frequent
- Pushing: Frequent to close overhead dock and trailer door and to operate cleaning equipment.
- Pulling: Constant pulling overhead to get on and off forklift, Frequent pulling overhead to close trailer and dock doors. Frequent pulling chains to raise dock plates.
- Vibration - Constant vibration from forklift operation.
- Environment: Indoor, outdoor; subject to the following:
- Extreme cold, including icy conditions
- Extreme heat and humidity
- Occasional inclimate weather
- Wet, slippery
To all recruitment agencies: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.