Purpose of Role:
- Problem Solving
- Provide thought leadership in developing practical solutions to complex analytical problems.
- Execution of strategic initiatives to deliver growth site wide.
- Culture Change
- Key member of the site's steering committee and serve as coach to embed sustainable CI culture.
- Ensure best practices align and support Relay ambition across all maturing, brewing, packaging and warehouse operations.
- Best Practices
- Work directly with the different departments (plant floor and management) to execute improvements and deploy best practices/standards.
- Be a driving force behind strategic, operational and organizational initiatives.
- Provide insight through analytics and drive CI implementation efforts.
- Leadership of site's manufacturing excellence program including 5S, Set Up Time Reduction, Autonomous Maintenance, Focused Improvement, and Asset Care.
- Responsible for improved performance - efficiency and OEE
- Standardize ways of working - based on best practices, different site inputs and the global standards
- Ensure all our procedures/ways of working are properly documented, up-to-date and accessible to all users.
- Build Capabilities:
- Improve capability of the Operator and Team Leader (Supervisor) by defining a standardized up-skilling program.
- Provide technical support and be the subject matter expert in all aspects of Manufacturing Excellence (CI).
- Support and model behaviors to deliver Zero Harm.
- Collaborate with operational partners to deliver against KPI objectives.
- Drive reduction in targeted waste streams.
- Support, coach and track root cause problem solving to permanently address issues.
- Using lean techniques, optimize safety, quality, production, and cost objectives through employee involvement and team approach to problem solving.
- Direct the planning and implementation of key initiatives to improve all operations.
- Regular meetings with the teams to drive performance improvement and increased levels of engagement.
- Remain abreast of industry changes and new technology, equipment, systems etc. as they relate to improving the key operations.
- Link with planning to develop clear guidelines for effective planning of operations.
- Benchmark and measure our performance against world class.
- Monitor a balanced scorecard of KPIs e.g. OEE, Schedule adherence etc. Goal being, to move site performance to world class.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field with advanced training and experience in Lean Manufacturing / CI (Lean/ Six Sigma Certification/ 5-S.
- 5+ years track record across a range of Engineering or Manufacturing disciplines preferably in the beverage/food business or CPG companies including time in both a front-line and management role
- Solid, demonstrated experience in implementing world class tools and lean manufacturing techniques and managing plant wide change initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills particularly in, creating possibilities, change management, consistently delivering great performance and managing people for success.
- Must have exceptional influencing skills and be proficient in presentation and training skills. Ability to influence without direct control of resources.
- Demonstrated leadership and role modeling in breakthrough performance coaching to build high performing teams.
- Excellent organization skills. Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative).
- Demonstrated passion for solving problems and manufacturing and operational excellence.
- Successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to achieve high impact within Diageo NA.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.