Be a part of an exciting start-up and manage multiple priorities across a number of departments and within a large operating facility. The Asset Care Team Leader is responsible to:
- Lead the development of an empowered and self-directed maintenance department including promoting and encouraging the use of formal problem solving concepts/techniques: RCPS, Fishbone, DMAIC & Decision Trees.
- Ensure production equipment and other plant machinery including electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment are maintained in accordance with the asset care program.
- Ensure compliance with safety, sanitation, quality and housekeeping rules.
- Ensure machine and equipment line changeovers for different bottles, packaging, and liquid are completed in accordance with the asset care program.
- Develop and administer equipment maintenance and preventative, and a machine center-lining programs.
- Develop and ensure equipment lubrication and inspection routines as assigned.
- Ensure the machinery to maintain optimum machine performance. This may include clearing jams, adjusting/resetting equipment, removing glue/labels, etc.
- Experienced in all types of electronic devices and able to program variable frequency drives (VFD).
- Strong electrical focus in use of control logic and capable of troubleshooting PLC's, Capable of writing minor PLC code.
- Strong focus on electrical trouble shooting skill set and understanding of different communication protocols.
- Understand and capable of troubleshooting power transmission system such as motors, gear boxes, bearings, belts, shafts, belts, etc.
- Ability to learn and have working knowledge of SAP. This includes ensuring writing and closing out work orders and PM's in the system.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), perform tasks per the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and Daily Sanitation Schedule, and follow general housekeeping and rules for Food Safety Regulations. This includes maintaining 5S requirements in work.
- Maintains equipment parts and supplies within budget guide lines.
- Oversees the machines, fabricates, welds and fastens materials, using engine lathe vertical milling machine, horizontal universal milling machine, drill press, boring bar, hydraulic press, metal hear and brake press.
- Ensures the timely and accurate completion of the preventive, predictive, corrective and improvement sections of the maintenance program.
- Responsible for writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and updating in EQMS
- Perform mechanical and electrical skill assessment and develop training program for staff
- Identify capital projects to improve production efficiencies, reduce material loss, improve quality, safety, housekeeping, GMP and other related KPI's
- A high-performing individual with 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a high-speed manufacturing plant/warehouse operation in a best in class manufacturing environment with GMP's, preferably soda or beer packaging.
- Candidates should have a BA/BS degree in Business, Management, or Engineering. Thorough working knowledge and demonstrated expertise in all areas of high-speed bottling and/or canning activities including machine operations, changeovers, start-up, shut-down, and package quality. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to effect change within a manufacturing environment through diagnosing, designing, and implementing solutions.
- A continuous improvement mind-set is a must.
- The ability to multitask and prioritize their workload, as well as having excellent organizational skills is critical to being successful in this role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency on computers is a must, SAP experience is a plus.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.