Purpose of Role
This role will use data to determine the right accounts to target sampling against the right consumer opportunity. It will work directly with distributor Trade Development teams and execution agency to manage sampling activation.
- Financial - Significant Budget that must be focused against on and off-premise sampling consumer engagement/recruitment
- M&E - critical that we fail fast and learn faster - refine target account lists as we learn more from activation
- Compliance - we will always be DMC, quality, and safety first in our approach - this role will be critical in ensuring we don't expose our business or our consumers to risks
- Brand Aware - this role will ensure that brands show up at events and consumer gatherings in a way that is consistent with the brand's purpose and tone
- Responsible for regional sampling A&P budget (fixed OH and market activation budget).
- Ensuring that investment is focused in the right DMA's and the right brands/consumers
- Ensuring that Budgets are respected and optimized
This is a complex role that needs to simplify our sampling activation model for the agency, local activation teams, and distributors. Developing great relationships across key stakeholder communities will be central to the success of the role.
- Leadership Responsibilities
- Accountable for the success of transforming our WOW and approach to sampling activation - ensuring that the consumer reach and engagement goals in the target outlets are achieved. Managing a 3rd party agency performance will be critical.
- Influential across many different stakeholders - local activation teams, agency partners, Brand/CP&A teams and external parties such as distributors and customers
- Responsible for the successful rollout of the NEW operating model in the market and achievement of sampling goals (right brands/account and consumer targets)
- Project Management Skills will be important as this can be complex with many stakeholders, covering many cities and entire Diageo Portfolio.
- Learning & Development will be critical in this role. You will ensure that our agency partners are equipped with the knowledge of our brands and target audiences to activate with skill and impact. You too will be open to learning and refining how we/this role operates and leads this important initiative
- Measurement & Evaluation will be important to help inform what's working and what's not and corrective actions will be made at pace - armed with good M&E data
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Achieve the consumer & event goals
- Refine the way of working/agency model so it is sustainable and set up for success to deliver against EDGE
- Manage to budget/sub-budgets and ensure that there is zero waste
- Ensure the setup and access to best in class / real-time reporting and planning
- Regularly review progress with key stakeholders and course correct as appropriate
- Required Strong Brand and/or Event Management experience in a branded environment (+7 years)
- Must have Project Management and /or Event Operations experience
- Insight and understanding of Off, On-Premise & Non-Premise Event execution
- Engaged, influenced, and coordinated stakeholders
- Must have strong influencing, negotiation skills and conflict management skills
- Financially astute and must able to manage a complicated and dynamic budget across multiple spend types and vendors
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.