The I&E Tech will be responsible for instrumentation and electrical support and for the effectiveness of the DCS system and process controls for 10 bottling lines and liquid processing. The I&E Tech is a key member of the Asset Care Team and reports to the I&E Manager. The successful candidate will be expected to work on shift pattern schedule.
Purpose of Role:
The ability to work in highly effective teams is essential for success in this role. As a self-motivated member of the Asset Care Team, you will provide support, training and coaching to your fellow team members, positively impacting team members, inspiring and engaging others.
Diageo aspires to operate a Zero Harm Culture, where everyone goes home safe, every day, everywhere. Responsible for your own safety as well as the safety of your co-workers and all site visitors, you will actively participate in all site safety, health and environmental programs. You will need to maintain a current knowledge of, and comply with, all health safety and environmental rules and regulations. Familiarity with various permit to works including hot work permits, safe work permits and following safety rules and regulations such as lockout-tagout
- Strong PLC experience to be able to troubleshoot code within the Allen Bradley environment.
- Timely and accurate repair of facility instrumentation, controls, and electrical circuits
- Troubleshooting, inspecting, diagnosing, testing, and adjusting digital, pneumatic and manual instrumentation
- Strong knowledge of process and production, instrumentation & detection systems:
- Pressure, flow, level instrumentation
- Standard bottling line equipment such as fillers, labelers, laser coders, label detection systems, palletizers, etc.
- Troubleshooting, tuning and optimizing control loops
- Training team members
- Optimizing DCS control screens and operator interfaces
- Maintaining instrumentation and electrical inventories, reporting part usage, and ordering spare parts
- Instrumentation and electrical preventative maintenance and asset care
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records within SAP CMMS
- Working closely with the Maintenance Team Members
- Actively participating in cross-functional work teams
- Ability to quickly learn and understand processing (batch and continuous) systems
- Familiar with root cause problem solving methods and documentation
- Skilled in reading functional specs, loop diagrams, P&ID drawings, logic diagrams
- Finding solutions to bottling and processing problems
- Optimizing yield and minimizing waste
- Meeting or exceeding site Key Performance Indicators
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- BAS in Engineering or equivalent technical work experience
- Minimum 2 years relevant instrumentation and electrical maintenance experience
- Minimum 2 years Rockwell control systems experience
- Experience with SAP PM or other PM computer system preferred
- Familiar with current electrical regulations, codes and safe work practices
- Proficient in Allen Bradley PLCs
- Understand SCADA systems (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition)
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradley VFDs and Servo drive components
- Familiar with Ethernet, Profibus, Remote I/O, DH+ Control Net and Device Networking
- Demonstrated capability to troubleshoot, calibrate and repair all types of Process Instrumentation
- Must be able to read and comprehend electrical and instrumentation drawings
- Demonstrated teamwork capability and can-do attitude
- Demonstrated Problem Solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.