Purpose of the role:
North America Marketing Procurement delivers significant contribution towards Diageo North America business, productivity and growth goals. Within the Marketing A&P, the Media category is seeking to deliver value creation to support operating margin improvement and competitive advantage through sourcing, negotiation, media ROI optimisation and agency / media vendor / publisher management, leveraging the sweet spot between efficiencies and effectiveness of our A&P investment.
This category is complex, with varying stakeholder needs, significant external spend and key relationships at an executive level. The prime accountability for the role is to drive value through ensuring the commercial elements of spend in this category are executed brilliantly with our vendors. This role will lead sourcing decisions with key stakeholders and will support the maximisation of value as well as ROI, whilst minimising risk, from all external spend - assuring quality of delivery and performance.
The media category is additionally going through a period of transformation. Digital media is growing in importance, with data and technology becoming strategically more integrated in our planning and creative decision making. The role will play a key part in developing and driving the Diageo digital transformation, articulating the journey and vision to align stakeholders, while unlocking the value and business performance that digital data can bring.
A solid understanding of the industry landscape is essential.
The core activities:
- Strong Procurement / Commercial experience managing Marketing/Media contracts.
- Clear evidence of Digital media knowledge and how to leverage value.
- Experience of establishing media partnerships and the how to structure deals in this area
- Strong project and change management capabilities
- Proven ability to develop team profile as an authentic business partner in a global business
- Building and sustaining trust with stakeholders and the team through real relationships
- Demonstration of personal accountability for great performance and brilliant execution
- Strong commercial acumen, understanding of the business, and judgement.
- Promote the highest standards of ethics and compliance consistently.
Complexity of the Role:
- Working across a range of complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Multiple projects running at any one time requiring effective management of time and priorities.
- Requires extensive financial knowledge to understand budgets complexity and savings recognition.
- Strong influencing and communication skills needed to bring stakeholders & suppliers on the journey to successful implementation of projects.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Degree educated or equivalent relevant work experience
- 5 years+ Media and Marketing Procurement experience in an FMCG or agency environment.
- Proven experience in key procurement skills including negotiations, forecasting and benchmarking.
- Experience of Digital Media would be highly beneficial.
- Strong analytical skills, including forensic understanding of the cost drivers to target and influence costs through end-to-end value.
- Ability to work in an agile, fast moving environment and ability to keep up with pace of change and prioritize according to business needs.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Objectively challenges established practice to stimulate alternative thinking.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.