- Primarily responsible for leading the Kroger Category Development Team (2 direct reports) by providing category recommendations to Kroger through a fact-based approach: category assessment, planogram assessment, assortment optimization, promotional planning and evaluation, shopper insights, loyalty card analytics, etc.
- This role will lead strategy development as the Senior Category Manager dedicated to the Kroger Team.
- The primary objectives of this role are to drive accelerated growth and elevate our customer partnership through the development of actionable insights-based recommendations.
- Provide analytics and insights to support both Diageo internal strategic planning and external joint business planning with Kroger
- Identify the most critical problems to solve and develop action plans to capture growth opportunities
- Utilize various sources such as internal customer data, syndicated data, loyalty card data, and research to solve current business issues, define category and consumer trends, and identify business opportunities. This analysis will be translated into fact-based recommendations and customer presentations.
- Delivery of standard category management practices: shelf management, promotion planning/analysis, pricing analysis, and business development projects.
- Creation and maintenance of category scorecards with proactive recommendations on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of fact-based actionable consumer and shopper insights relevant to customer needs.
- Develop and coach the Kroger Cat Dev Team to elevate capabilities and unlock performance and growth
- Minimum 5-10 years relevant experience required, preferably Category Management experience in Consumer Packaged Goods or Beverage Category
- Strong technical experience with advanced software skills relevant to Category Management function and the customer - this includes syndicated data systems (IRI, Nielsen, Spectra), internal Kroger data systems (Market6, 84.51, IRI Gateway), space planning software (JDA/Apollo), Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience leading a team with direct reports preferred
- Previous category advisor or customer interfacing roles required
- Skilled presenting to Senior Executives both internally and externally
- Highly motivated self-starter who possesses strong project management, time management, and organizational skills
Complexity of Role:
- Has a solid understanding of the business, financials, products/services, markets, and the needs of customer; become recognized as an expert in the Spirits category
- Complexity is high and flexibility is critical in a dynamic fast-paced environment (centralized/decentralized customer, very SKU intensive category)
- The role requires a significant level of collaboration and the ability to build productive relationships with the buying teams and provide fact-based category recommendations to the customer
Deep understanding of category management practices and ways of working
Ability to travel 15-20%
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.