Just Imagine... Joining the world's leading premium drinks business, surprising and delighting our customers & consumers with our brands such as Johnnie Walker, Guinness and Smirnoff
The Brand Technical Center is a part of DNA Supply and consists of a team of 140+ technical experts, located at our world class facility in Plainfield, IL
- Packaging & Technology provides the leadership, strategic vision, structure and rigor to unlock the packaging and technology expertise needed to achieve our business goals through superior collaboration with our business partners and suppliers.
- Innovation & Brand Change is responsible for launching over 150 projects annually, led by the North American Spirits portfolio. They lead projects through a stage gate commercialization process in both foreign & domestic markets and are responsible for developing business plans for product launches, designing liquid and packaging solutions, and ensuring commercial viability throughout the supply chain.
- Operational Excellence focuses on Environment, Health & Safety, Quality, Regulatory and Manufacturing Excellence by establishing best practices and standards, building capabilities, providing technical support and assuring compliance within the organization.
- Science & Technology consists of Brand Technical Assurance, Manufacturing Technology Development, and Research Science. S&T is a diverse group with vast technical expertise in such areas as engineering, brewing/distilling, chemistry, and microbiology. Their focus is to deliver revolutionary liquids, materials, and manufacturing technologies and define global technical standards to strengthen our esteemed brands.
About this Role
This is a 6 month, full-time, paid co-op in P&T starting in June 2018. Co-ops are given challenging projects that have an immediate impact on the business. Throughout the year, you will have multiple opportunities for visibility and exposure to sr. management, the BTC, and suppliers. All co-ops receive individual coaching and training from their manager and cross-functional mentor and the same kind of performance feedback given to full-time employees. As a co-op, you have an opportunity to gain the experience and exposure that could lead to an exciting full-time job at Diageo!
- Provide packaging support for Renovation, Innovation, and Supply Optimization projects as well as support packaging related issues across our NA conversion and 3rd party bottling sites.
- Facilitate, capture, and evaluate data through testing procedures within the packaging lab
- Assist with the research of emerging technology within material science
- Partner with packaging suppliers to assess capabilities and potential opportunities
- Analyse and report on consumer complaints as it pertains to packaging components
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Unrestricted US work authorization now and in the future
- Legal Drinking Age (21 years) by the start of employment
- Minimum current GPA of 3.0
- At least two years of coursework towards a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Packaging, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Chemical), Chemistry, Material Science, Supply Chain Management, or similar, preferably with relevant work experience
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to gather and analyse data
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and drive projects to conclusion
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to communicate with all levels in the organization
- Confidence, adaptability, and resiliency in challenging situations and a fast-paced environment
Is this role for you?