The North American Strategy Team is a small, multi-functional group accountable for corporate strategy and financial decision support for the $5bn Diageo North American business. The group works primarily on a project basis, deploying its resources against the highest value issues and opportunities facing Diageo - principally working with senior management and leading cross functional teams. The team is closely integrated into the North American business, touching all aspects of Diageo's operations. Within this team, the purpose of the Strategy Associate role is to support the evaluation and development of strategic opportunities in the North American agenda. The role reports into North America Corporate Strategy.
Complexity of Role:
- Exposure to senior leadership team in North America and Globally in matrixed organization which requires crystal clear communication and ability to prioritize / balance multiple commitments
- Significant analytical / statistical modeling to support key business insights
- Ambiguity requiring "ownership mindset" to define, align and drive project based work with moderate direction
- Basic understanding of value chain, business models and opportunities within Alcoholic Beverages or CPG/FMCG
- Assist in the delivery of strategy projects, coordinating cross-functionally; provide clear visibility on progress, ensuring effective communication within the Strategy team and stakeholders.
- Create analytical / statistical models (DCF, market forecast, IRR and NPV) and help drive insights into business decisions.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research for strategic projects; provide support in drafting of white papers, presentations and financial analyses.
- Own and deliver assigned work streams on strategic projects; executing efficiently, on-time and with moderate support.
- Assist with strategic activities embedded into end to end organizational processes
- Self-starter; ability to work independently and take ownership of various aspects of projects
- Problem solving and multi-tasking skills required
- Demonstrated analytical / statistical modeling skills required
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in Finance, Economics or Business
- 4 - 6 years' of professional experience
- Consulting or Investment Banking experience preferred
- CPG/FMCG experience preferred
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.