Primarily responsible for providing category recommendations to the target regional grocery customers through a fact-based approach: category assessment, planogram development, assortment optimization, promotional planning and evaluation, shopper insights, etc.
- A&P budgets associated with customized data and research
- Strong understanding of the business, financials, products and services, markets and the needs of the target regional customers
- Flexibility is critical in a dynamic, fast-paced environment juggling involvement in assortment recos, shelving and merchandising strategies
- Role requires significant level of collaboration with divisions and distributors and the ability to build strong relationships with customers
- Deep understanding of category management practices and ways of working
Leadership Responsibilities and Decision Making Rights
- Must be able to build relationships and influence decision making internally and at our key customers
- Must be able to "stand in the future" and develop a vision for how a prospective customer can grow their/Diageo's business
- Strong analytical/thought leadership
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Utilize various sources such as internal customer data, syndicated data, customer shopper data, and research to solve current business issues, define category and consumer trends, and identify business opportunities. This analysis will be translated into fact-based recommendations and customer presentations
- Delivery of standard category management practices: shelf merchandising, promotion planning/analysis, pricing analysis, and business development projects
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of fact-based actionable consumer and shopper insights relevant to customer needs
- Assume expert role and ownership of assigned tools, processes, and tasks
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum 3 to 5 years relevant experience required, preferably Category Management experience in Consumer Packaged Goods or Beverage Category
- Highly prefer strong technical experience with advanced software skills relevant to the Category Management function - this includes syndicated data systems (Nielsen, IRI, Spectra), internal customer data, space planning software (JDA), Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint), and strong competency interpreting and utilizing shopper insights and research data
- Previous category advisor or customer interfacing roles required
- Possess strong project management, time management, and organizational skills
Periodic travel required - approximately 30%.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.