Purpose/Scope of Role: The National Accounts Director On-Premise is responsible for the overall FY Plan achievement for assigned customer base of national on-premise chains. Responsibilities include the development and implementation of annual customer plans for assigned prioritized regional and national Chain Accounts. Role will maximize performance for Diageo brands within designated accounts through execution of priority sales drivers, including promotion, distribution, visibility, menus etc. This person leads and manages the direct link between account base and Diageo Brand Marketing / CP&A and is responsible for setting appropriate KPIs and building joint annual plans. This position will lead the selling initiatives with our priority customers.
This person will develop and implement strategy and ways of working with internal and external stakeholders for National Accounts On-Premise / Casino objectives based on current channel trends and insights and in market dynamics.
Role, Key Deliverables:
- Account Plan Attainment
- Implement Ways of Working with brand team stakeholders
- Joint Business Planning with Customer & Distributors in key markets
- Develop and activate annual account plans to reflect brand and customer strategies to support the delivery of business goals while coordinating with sales, marketing, and customer marketing to develop and deliver customer-specific plans
- Indirect Report Management/Coaching
- Financial Management - Manage A&P budgets for account base
- Vendor Negotiations
Role, Key Responsibilities:
- Lead Diageo selling efforts at Corporate Headquarters that delivers annual NSV and profit targets, share goals and tactical priorities, such as new item authorization for assigned customer base.
- Set strategy and ways of working for assigned account base and gain internal resourcing support.
- Lead Annual customer planning: Work closely with internal brand teams to align with customer initiatives. Prioritize initiatives and gain division sales buy-in to maximize implementation.
- Design and secure organization support for annual business plan for designated National Account to
- -Tactical, shopper, & A&P planning
- - Analysis of prior key promotional activity to drive specific customer programming
5. Lead On-Premise account execution process for assigned accounts
6. Align with Key Division and Wholesaler Partners on national priorities to ensure local activation
7. Identifies channel issues & opportunities, suggests strategies, orchestrates strategic initiatives and provides M&E
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- BA, minimum of 10 years sales/customer management experience with a major CPG company
- Position will require travel for account calls, and to ensure local market/wholesaler collaboration
- Experience working across a diverse beverage alcohol distributor network preferred (Open, Control and Franchise states)
- Advanced communication, negotiating & fact-based selling skills are critical to this role
- Position will need strong data analysis and management skills in order to monitor and report account spirits trends and activities across divisions
- Expected to be extremely self-motivated and goal-oriented
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.