Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
We are a young company born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
As Compliance Manager you will be involved in:
- To ensure compliance with Legislative & Company Global Risk Management Standards (GRMSs) and Policies.
- Ensure that site compliance risks are identified, using appropriate risk assessment process, and manage actions to mitigate.
- Further enhance culture of full compliance with site's key business processes.
- Co-ordinate all relevant audit activity and manage process to deliver successful outcomes. Ensure the Site is audit ready 24 x 7.
- To ensure site complies fully with all HMRC obligations, appropriate management checks are in place and independently audited.
- Drive all improvement activity as required.
- Troubleshoot problems encountered within transit to markets and assist to remove blockages.
- Key site contact for all HMRC communications and reporting.
- Responsible for maintaining Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001) and Food Safety (FSSC 22000) Certification.
- Lead the Quarterly Management Review.
- Facilitates Management Review Process and feedback to Senior Team for effectiveness of the full Management System to maintain ISO 9001 Certification.
- Report on status of all audits and associated action management.
- Drive and shape the site Food Safety Agenda, utilising the food safety team to maximum effect.
- Deliver an increase in food safety capability through engagement, communications and training.
- Manage Controls Assurance and Risk Management (CARM) compliance.
- Oversee annual review of CARM Design Assessments and manage plan covering internal and external testing and implementation of corrective actions deemed required.
- Maintain and develop the current business system to provide the site with documented and auditable procedures and processes.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Educated to degree level, preferable Risk Management related.
- Minimum 3 years Customs & Excise (C&E) experience preferably within food & drinks industry.
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) trained.
- Lead Auditor trainined.
- Experience in dealing with C&E and other legislative bodies.
- Proven track record in managing C&E related activities.
- Proven people management experience.
- Sound functional knowledge of HMRC legislation as it applies within the Drinks Industry (Spirit Supply, Packaging and Export).
- Experience in one or more of the areas of risk: C&E, Security, Risk and Assurance, Quality Management Systems and Food Safety.
- Audit qualification or relevant experience
- Ability to influence outwith areas of authority at all levels
- PC/System literate, able to develop and deliver training material also to prepare and deliver communications.
- Wide breadth of knowledge and understanding of the systems and processes across ISC packaging.