Closing date: 21st September 2018
Want a chance to show that you have what it takes to be a great Brand Manager? We have an exciting 10 month Brand Manager secondment to the Carlsberg team in Ireland which is probably the best opportunity for a great candidate with commercial experience to hit the ground running and demonstrate their potential in consumer marketing.
Carlsberg is the #2 lager in the Irish market and as such plays a key role for Diageo in beating the competition and winning share of LAD. FY19 and FY20 are exciting transformational years for the brand as we continue to roll-out the 'Danish Way' campaign to transform the brand's mental and physical availability with Irish consumers.
The Danish Way platform is showing real promise and the brand is building momentum. Successful applicants would be joining the team charged with building on this momentum. The scope of the role can be flexed based on a successful applicant's strengths to allow them to hit the ground running whilst also learning from the secondment.
This is a mixture of brilliant application of global growth drivers and creation of Ireland specific assets to build brand plans based on consumer, customer, and shopper insight and help deliver;
- Recruitment/Re-recruitment bought
- Scale - fewer, bigger, better.
- Fame - most talked about brands
- Physical Availability - the ability to see, find and trigger associated memories in a buying context.
Key Functional and Leadership Capabilities
Priority functional capabilities for this role:
Leads competition-beating execution
- Drives fast implementation of big scalable ideas that can be - and are - executed brilliantly.
- Develops FY20 growth drivers that excite the business behind the potential for Carlsberg.
- Demonstrates a deep personal accountability for great holistic performance
Drives value commercially for Diageo and our customers
- Shows outstanding commercial edge and entrepreneurial flair to drive sustainable value creation
- Supports taking strategies into brilliantly executed plans that consistently beat the competition and gain share
- Pro-actively shares powerful brand building ideas across the Diageo marketing community
Key leadership capabilities for this role:
- Think in the future, anticipate trends and opportunities
- Generate ideas and move them into action
Consistently deliver great performance
- Demonstrate drive to make a positive difference to business performance and brilliant execution.
- Identify clear priorities and focus on them at all times
- Have a positive outlook, channel your energy into finding opportunities and solutions even in times of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Show commitment to outstanding teamwork both internally and with our brand owner partners.
- Develop and apply self-awareness, get to know your own strengths and development needs
- Grow your capability and experience
- Look for and respond to feedback