Closing Date: 30th September 2018
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
About the role
As a Beer Packaging Engineer, you will be part of a team of shift engineers covering the packing production operation from beer intake to finished goods loading. Runcorn Packaging is one of G&E RTD Supply's eight sites, employing 2,000 people in UK, Ireland and Italy.
As an Electrical Engineering Technician you will be required to provide reactive and pro-active support to the sites line operator teams, covering the maintenance, problem solving and improvement activities with specific focus on the following;
- To package a range of beverages at customer service levels, quality conformance and within budget
- To apply Health & Safety principles, Hygiene regime and HACCP recommendation as per business objectives
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and team development skills to optimise overall site improvement and performance.
- To adopt a safe and professional approach to all aspects of your role as an individual and team player
- To actively pursue training and development and acquisition of new skills on individual and team basis.
The Electrical Engineering Technician role in flat structure, working as part of small, semi-autonomous shift based team. Production requirements need efficient and flexible team working in order to achieve the required targets. Role and responsibilities will stretch individuals and team approach to achieving goals. Change is ongoing and requires all individuals and teams to take responsibility for their training and development and ultimately, their future employability
About the Successful Candidate
We are looking for someone who is proactive and well-structured in their working style, with logical problem solving and evaluation skills. They need to be self motivated, with experience of high pressure situations where decision making may be required with little supervision.
First and foremost, we are looking for somebody who is truly passionate about what they do and the drinks industry, but to be successful in this role, you will also need the following experiences:
- You must be an Indentured or NVQ 3 craftsman with electrical skills.
- You must have extensive knowledge of electrical and PLC software management.
- Ideally you should have an understanding of Health, safety and environmental legislation and standards.
- A good knowledge of packaging, process control, engineering or Engineering Excellence techniques would be preferred.
- Preferably you will have an understanding of Manufacturing Excellence methodologies and techniques, have used SAP (or MRP systems) and Planned Maintenance.
Ideally you will have experience of being a shift Engineering Technician in an FMCG environment.
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment.
By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.