Who we are...
At Diageo, there are two core assets that drive growth across our business: our brands and our people. They drive one another. We are proud to lead the future of some of the world's most famous and admired brands. Brands built by entrepreneurs and philanthropists; true visionaries whose values we must honour and sustain. We stand on the shoulders of these giants.
Our purpose as an HR function is to be an agile, connected, accountable performance partner for the business by focusing on the areas where we will make the greatest difference to performance. That requires is to fully optimise the end to end HR function, through trusted partnerships with Shared Services and increasing use of Global Centres of Excellence.
What you could be part of...
We have an opportunity for an Employee Relations Manager to join us at our Amsterdam office. This role will partner effectively with our business partners, line managers, Works Council, HR Shared Service, process governance teams and various other functions within the HR.
Joining this team, you will support our Northern Europe business - this covers both Europe and global teams throughout our business and these employees are spread over 6 offices in Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Amsterdam, Belgium & France.
As employment T&Cs, local policies and processes have evolved over time and been informed by a variety of factors including: legislative developments, global process and policy changes, recent and ongoing system implementations and various other simplification and efficiency agendas. We need to focus on simplifications and finding opportunities to consolidate our ways of working.
This role will give the opportunity to partner throughout our business and to provide employee relations & employment law leadership & support to line managers, the business partner HR team and members of the employee solutions team. It represents Diageo at third party hearings (e.g. Labour Court) Maintains & executes NE policies and ensures compliance, overseeing any policy updates or exceptions.
- Drive consistencies in investigations, PIPs, Absence Management, Unemployment, and Grievance issues as required.
- Leads on any policy updates and accurately advises line managers, HR business partners and shared services on internal policy and policy practice & procedure to ensure all individual ER issues across NE are resolved as effectively as possible.
- External representation at Third party forum (e.g. Labour court) - Manages and is the main Diageo contact for legal proceedings/correspondence relating to individual ER issues; main decision making individual for these cases at an external forum. Must have the authority and experience to make these decisions which have wide-ranging outcomes.
- Support & coach the HR population in the management of individual grievance issues and develop the ER Capabilities of the ES team and HR business partners.
- Work on Pan-European initiatives to drive our consolidated and simplified approach in policies and ways of working.
What do we need..?
- Degree level qualified or equivalent
- Extensive ER experience in Netherlands. Multi Country experience is beneficial.
- Conflict resolution, policy development, negotiation planning & implementation; experience and knowledge of the third party dispute resolution.
- Capable of building relationships with leadership teams, employee representatives, external advisors and Trade Union representatives.
- Project and change management - Ability to identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives and manage change controls.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment and manage multiple activities, projects and priorities.
- Strong knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies.
- Language skills: fluent in Dutch and strong knowledge of the English language.