Closing Date: 21 Sept
Context and Purpose
An important and unique component of the St James Gate Brewery, the Guinness Medical Centre (GMC) has been in existence since 1870 and is situated at St James Gate in Dublin 8. The GMC is a purpose built primary health care centre providing the full range of GP and nursing services to employees of Diageo and pensioners of the Guinness Brewery, together with their spouses and dependants.
The primary care team is multidisciplinary consisting of three general practitioners supported by a dedicated nursing function and an administrative team. There is a pharmacy on-site and so the GMC is one of the few dispensing practices in the country.
Role Medical Admin
Offered on an initial one year fixed term contract on a full-time Monday - Friday basis, this individual will play an integral role within our five strong administration team.
Reporting to the practice manager, this individual's duties will include but are not limited to:
- Carrying out medical administration duties, answering phones, scheduling appointments, scanning, taking prescription requests etc.
- Practice specific tasks including retrieving, filing, scanning records and reports, processing forms and claims (e.g. flu vaccinations, STC forms) and Ensuring medical cards up to date.
- Processing invoices by reviewing support documentation and raising payment orders e.g. on systems like SAP and Coupa
To be considered for this role, you will be/have;
- Previous administrative experience in a general practice setting
- An understanding of payment processes and GMS schemes.
- A real working experience of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook as well as a GP software system (Socrates would
- A real people-person with effective communication skills both written and verbal
- A good understanding of data management and GDPR (beneficial)
- Comfort in working as part of a team and flexible in your approach
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment.