Essential Functions Overview
- Perform all job functions safely.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), perform tasks per the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and follow general housekeeping guidelines and rules for Food Safety Regulations. Keep area updated with 5S.
- Bend and twist inside restricted spaces eg working inside or underneath isolated machines.
- While performing the duties of the job, employee will be regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- Must regularly lift, push or pull machine parts up to +50 lbs
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevation
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to chemicals used in the process.
- Regularly exposed to a noisy environment.
- Work in and around machinery
- Completes preventative maintenance as scheduled.
- Troubleshoots sources of problems by observing mechanical equipment in operation.
- Replaces defective parts and adjusts equipment by using hand tools, straight edges, levels and similar equipment.
- Controls downtime by performing routine maintenance and instructing workers on the proper operation of equipment.
- Uses machine shop instrumentation and equipment to fabricate repair parts.
- Maintains equipment parts and supplies inventories.
- Machines, fabricates, welds and fastens materials (metals, plastics, composites, etc.) using engine lathe vertical milling machine, horizontal universal milling machine, drill press, boring bar, hydraulic press, metal hear and brake press.
- Disconnects electrical sources, uses lockout/tagout procedures to block electrical sources, reconnects and operates equipment at panel for maintenance purposes, performs inspections and minor repairs and adjustments to electrical and electronic control systems and devices.
- Ensures the timely and accurate completion of the preventive, predictive, corrective and improvement sections of the maintenance program.
- Requisitions necessary tolls, equipment and supplies.
- Designs and fabricates a variety of brackets, supports, and other job-related mounts and fixtures by using torches, welding equipment, and other fabricating equipment; designs and fabricates job-specific or prototype parts or equipment; performs gas, STICK, TIG and MIG welding in the construction and repair of a variety of metals, including aluminum, stainless steel, carbon steel, and cast iron.
Lifting - Minimum: 20 lbs constantly Maximum: 100 lbs* occasionally
Repetitive Motion - Frequent to operate tools, equipment and machinery
Dexterity - Frequent to operate power tools and equipment
Climbing - Occasionally on ladders / platforms, Working at heights occasionally
Standing / Sitting - Constant standing, Frequent bending
Walking - Continuous
Pushing - Frequent moving machine parts into and out of position, tool carts, etc.
Pulling - Frequent moving machine parts into and out of position, tool carts, etc.
Sitting - Occasional
Vibration - Occasionally to operate power tools and equipment.
* Lifting is performed with assistance of other workers / equipment.
Environment: Indoor, outdoor and shop environment; subject to the following:
- Extreme cold, including icy conditions
- Extreme heat and humidity
- Occasional inclimate weather
- Chemicals, Oils