The Director Category Development Grocery and Regional Accounts will be responsible for our channel customers on both a national and regional basis from a category management perspective.
The primary focus will be on driving category growth at our key customers for which Diageo is a category advisor (Albertsons, Kroger) and regional customers where there is an opportunity to develop growth strategies for the customer and Diageo. This role is charged with the development and implementation of holistic insight-based category strategies, assortment, shelving, promotional planning and conversion driving business building ideas. The ability to prioritize in the face of multiple, sometimes conflicting, priorities is key. Finally, the candidate must be able to build strong, mutually beneficial, senior level relationships and have strong enough communication/influencing skills to drive a winning category strategy with retailers. Being able to act in a hugely entrepreneurial environment is paramount to success in this role given the decentralized nature of our regional customers.
- Manage day to day activities of 4 sub-teams; Albertsons (Nor Cal and So Cal), Kroger and Regional that reside in 4 different locations within the U.S.
- Partner with our National Accounts and Regional Accounts Sales teams to ensure Category Management opportunities are identified and acted upon
The complexity of Role:
- Understanding of both retailer and distributor/wholesaler needs. In addition, a broad understanding of marketplace dynamics.
- Keen awareness of competitive set and competitive innovation activity
- Ability to develop category strategies and go-to-market standards to help support commercial sell-in of new products and existing portfolio
- Develop beverage alcohol insights to advise and inform on strategies that drive volume and profit growth
- Analytical: Ability to gather, synthesize, analyze, and present data from multiple systems/sources
- Will need to work well with, and provide support across project teams, which include Brand, Customer Marketing, Innovation, Consumer Planning, and the field organization.
- Partnering with National Accounts and Regional Accounts Sales/Leadership to provide focus on creating an efficient assortment and effective merchandising agenda that will help the spirits shelf work harder for the category throughout our key customers
- Development of category strategies and key activation customized for key customers
- Responsible for determining customer category opportunity gaps and potential demand side category development initiatives
- Communicates opportunities internally to National Accounts, Division Sales Leads, and Distributor stakeholders and prioritizes based on the projected financial impact
- Responsible for post-evaluation of category development programs and initiatives relating to the shelf throughout the Division
- Responsible for managing to the assigned T&E budget
- College graduate with 15-20 years of relevant experience that should include:
- Proven people management skills with track record of developing, promoting high performing teams
- Category management with leading organization/customer.
- Solid software skills relevant to category management function
- Beverage Alcohol experience highly preferred
- Direct/indirect distributor experience preferred
- Sales experience with major CPG or beverage category a plus
- Strong presentation and communication skills
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.