Purpose of Role:
Strategy and Planning - successful candidate must lead both customer strategy & decision making process to develop customized annual plan that utilizes priority sales drivers to deliver Ohio financial & volume targets. The annual plan will include brand level sales & marketing activity with coordination of key Diageo functions. Risks associated with this planning process are attributed to the complexity of market structure, both internal operating units, broker and external customers. Negotiating skills, fact-based selling skills and strong communicating skills need to be utilized in order for plan to go to approval & implementation stage
Development and use of Budget: Ensure account budgets are sufficient and strategically aligned with brand and customer strategies. Leads cluster communication to align cross-cluster buy-in on budgets
Responsible for delivering volume, dNSV, value share & sales performance of Ohio.
Responsible for a multitude of Sales activities, including but not limited to the following
Lead Diageo relationship management at state Customer call point and Broker Leadership team
Collaboration, People Management & Development:
Lead leaders, managing multiple state Broker managers. Monthly Performance management Call-Over meetings with Broker state leads.
Role requires significant level of collaboration and influence between Diageo operating units, senior level customer management and Broker Management.
- Managing and leading a business with high degree of complexity - Operating in two business structures (Government operated Business - Brokerage Sales Force & Open Market - Distributor Sales Force) with many different stakeholders across the business.
- Leadership Responsibilities - Accountable for End to End responsibility of managing and delivering AOP; delivery of total states Value Share Growth and Delivering all Execution Goals by influencing and driving accountability for both Distributor and Brokerage Partners.
- Leading customer strategy & decision making process to develop localized annual plans to deliver DNSV/Value Share targets in collaboration with Internal Supply Chain Team, Commercial Director, SAM, NRM Team, Category Mgmt Team, Marketing Functions (Field Activation/CP&A/Brand/Agencies), VP & SVP of Division and all Internal and External Chain Sales and Category Teams with multiple touch points within our distributor organization.
- Leading and influencing initiatives and working in a flexible dynamic fast paced retail space involvement in assortment recos, legislative initiatives with internal government relations and driving influential merchandising strategies for low proof regional chains (ie Kroger/Giant Eagle).
- Grow value share
- Achieve Annual Operating Plan (AOP) - volume, dNSV
- Achieve execution performance metrics
- Lead and direct annual plan for region
- Develop & activate annual account plans along with Broker to reflect brand and customer strategies & support the delivery of business goals
- Planning - deliver against pricing and promotional activation & customer programming
- All Broker members will have a clear understanding of their role and stated performance and execution objectives.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- College degree with 5+ years relevant experience that should include: managing leaders and teams
- A minimum of 5 years account management experience with major markets and key customers
- Sales /customer management experience with a major CPG company & 3 tier Distribution experience
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes