WE ARE HAWKES. SAVIOURS OF CIDER.
Back in 2013 Hawkes kick-started the craft cider revolution in the UK. Our mission has always been to make other people as passionate about great craft cider as we are. Something we stand or fall by every day.
Since our hook up with pals, BrewDog, we are about to embark on a major new journey and we need your help. We are on the hunt for a cider geek to become our General Manager for our Taproom.
Whilst our name was inspired by London's original street hawkers, our mission is right here in the present and the future.
The world of cider stands at a crossroads. For too long we've allowed 'big' cider and tradition to hold back our industry's growth.
That ends here.
We are standing up for those who want to break free and make a difference.
For our fellow cider makers, whose commitment to innovation will take us forward. For our people, still unlocking and discovering the world of cider.
Ultimately, we will change the face of cider, forever.
As a General Manager you play an important role in helping us fulfill our mission. We are super passionate about cider and you will have the opportunity to help us redefine how people experience, perceive and think about cider!
You will be responsible for the management & development for a small team cider of slingers. You & they, will grow, as we grow.
Let's continue to give the great people of London the greatest cider experience possible!
This is what you'll be doing:
As General Manager of the taproom you will be responsible for effectively managing all aspects of the unit's operations.
You will be able to shape how this bar becomes one of the most popular cider destinations in the city. We want you to tell us what needs to be done to ensure this happens. You are the chief! And we plan to empower you to make the key decisions that impact the world of cider.
Ultimately, there are some key aspects that we expect from you in this role. These are:
- Running an effective & incredible events calendar to help drive sales
- Identifying, interviewing and hiring amazing talent
- Training, mentoring & developing your dedicated team to increase all round growth
- Setting & meeting stimulating sales and profitability targets
- And most importantly, ensuring that each and every customer leaves the taproom having had the best experience, counting down the days until they return to the saviours of cider!
This what we'd like you to have & be:
- Hospitality/bar management experience is essential
- We want you to be a massive cider geek & you need to inspire others, so we would like you to have a good starting knowledge of the world of cider - but we can & will provide comprehensive beer training for everyone that joins our business
- Cider will be your area of knowledge. But so will Customer Service. Every day, you must want to go out & deliver amazing customer service. It must be what defines you!
- Be inspiring! Being able to make people passionate about our amazing cider.
- Proven experience of successfully managing and developing a driven and high performing with examples of team progression
What we will offer:
- A chance to join the saviours of cider, and ultimately work for one of the fastest FMCG growing companies in the UK
- A whole host of benefits across the company
- You will also have the opportunity to be a part of some epic professional development opportunities such as ILM level 3 and Customer Service Management Training.