Our client is a Global premium drinks business delivering iconic wines and spirits to the UK market. This renowned business is entering a key phase of its development with tremendous opportunities for progression. In order to forge ambitious growth strategies and strategic success across the diverse Grocery, Wholesale and On-Trade channels we require an exceptional Category Controller to drive cutting edge category strategies across a wide range of large customers.
Leading an exceptional team, you will help develop, shape and implement the category strategy in the channel, as well as taking direct management of a key grocery partner. Candidates will enjoy a high level of ownership, autonomy and influence as a key member of the senior leadership team.
Your personal skills will include tenacity, energy and entrepreneurialism together with a broad commercial understanding of the trade channels, category principles, customer and shopper marketing. Candidates will also demonstrate very strong leadership skills and a high level of gravitas for this position. You will have high levels of drive for success and a true ‘spark’ to achieve exceptional results.
• Pro-actively leading strategic thinking translating Category Vision into a set of relevant long-term Drivers for Premium Spirits growth within priority customers / channels
• Owns and delivers the development of 1 year rolling category plans with priority customers
• Leads the category agenda ensuring commercial and marketing functions incorporate the category strategy into their commercial, brand and strategic plans.
• Ensure identified category tactics within the plan are implemented in store/on line. Evaluate the impact and ensure learning is communicated and fed into future planning and activation
• Provide comprehensive rationale and shopper insight for Brand selling stories and work with Sales and Customer Marketing to tailor them for customers – including customer level shopper/consumer insight
• Deliver one or two main category projects each year that provide new category insight and can be proactively shared across trade sectors to underpin development on our main brands.
• For selected customers, lead and own joint working category projects, by undertaking analysis and making recommendations, across a range of category issues.
• Shape brand, NPD & portfolio activities to ensure thorough category thinking is reflected in the resulting programmes
• Lead the drive to communicate category / channel specific activity and insight business wide
• Extensive exposure to Category Management in the branded FMCG or premium drinks space, candidates with strong exposure to Customer or Shopper marketing will be considered also but must demonstrate exposure to Category Management too.
• Strong knowledge of the Wholesale channel on a national level
• True leadership skills backed with high levels of energy and a strategic approach to business development.
• A clear ability to work both strategically and at the hands-on level with the team and large customers
• Demonstrable past career progression and clear potential for future development together with a dynamic, progressive approach
• High levels of passion and drive to nurture and develop a high potential team.
• Educated to degree level
Candidates must be based and eligible to work in the UK for this opportunity. Please provide your CV (in word format) and current salary/package with your application.
Fluid Fusion appreciates your taking the time to apply and closely reviews each submission but sadly cannot always respond to all applicants particularly if applicants do not meet the majority of criteria points for this role.