About the role
In this role you will be accountable for creating value through driving revenue and developing strategic relationships with key customers in the Country. You will create the legacy of Bacardi and drive key decisions that will significantly affect Bacardi's presence in the Country. Your deep commercial knowledge and ability to develop strategic relationships will be key to your success in this role.
- You will be responsible to deliver Customer related key revenue targets as determined by the Country financial plan.
- You will develop, and maintain, effective and strategic relationships with Key Customers and influence the positioning of Bacardi brands within your dedicated Customer responsibility in the Country.
- You will be accountable for the implementation of Commercial plan that delivers against customer and purchaser programs agreed in the Country Integrated Activity Plan (IAP) specific to Key Customers.
- You will drive use of 'Winning in Retail Sales Platforms (e.g. cross functional in collaboration with FieldForce Sales Reps) and approach to activate our brands to influence consumers at the point of purchase.
- You will identify opportunities and guide the development and execution of strategies to maximize Bacardi's performance in Key Customers in the Country, achieving value creation and capturing price
- You will coordinate with the Commercial Development Team to ensure implementation of Commercial best practices.
- Working closely with the Group Account Manager team, you will drive a shared vision and winning team spirit among the sales teams.
- This role is varied and while based in the Hamburg office, a large percentage of your time will be interacting with the local sales team members as well as key Customers. As a result, you can expect to be travelling extensively to stay connected to all stakeholders.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Deliver results & excellence in execution
- Deliver on key revenue targets (NSV, Gross Margin, Profitability, ROI, Value Share)
- Deliver impact from channel and shopper marketing programs agreed in the Country IAP
- Understand customer strategy and how to leverage the Bacardi value proposition to grow mutual business
- Drive, agree, and execute customer Joint Business Plans that deliver "win-win" value to Bacardi and customers
- You will be accountable for the effective implementation of our annual negotiation agreements and price increases
- Optimize promotional plans through the year through implementation of the ROI strategy and goals
- Input into the shaping of the channel & portfolio strategy of the Country
- Input into the country IAP process to ensure local channel and customer needs are captured
- Build effective long-term relationships with Key Customers
- Provide accurate demand forecasting to Supply Chain teams or to Hub Sales Performance and Planning team
- Relentlessly drive a pay for performance based approach with Customers
Develop talent and capability
- Set up learning and development plans for yourself based on Bacardi Commercial Way
- Implement standardized Commercial best practices
- Demonstrate expertise in category and shopper insights; serve as an advisor to Customers to drive mutual growth
Be part of a winning team
- Work with the Group Account Manager team to build a shared sense of purpose among your sales teams
- Be aligned behind the targets and be passionate for winning in the organization
- Be part of a mutual proactive feedback culture
- Be aware of our Bacardi history and culture
Measures of success
Performance: Achieve financial targets (revenue, profitability) vs. budget for Key Customers in the country; Implement annual negotiation agreement targets for Key Customers in the Country
Value share : Drive value share growth of key Bacardi brands in Key Accounts
Customer: Achieve target customer satisfaction measures and build strong relationships to grow the business
Strategy: Participate fully in the development, delivery, and ownership of the Country Commercial Strategy
Employee engagement: Drive sustained improvement in engagement of the team
Talent: Deliver against talent management objectives
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Experience managing Key Accounts/customers in a leading FMCG company at regional/national level
- Experience in offtrade food/discount universe
- Strong track record of delivery with customers
- Strong negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of sales effectiveness tools processes and category management
- Solid track record of performance in commercial roles
- Act and feel like an entrepreneur within the company
- Fluency in Country's most spoken languages (German)
- Proficiency in English language skills
The following experiences are preferred:
- Experience in FMCG and the Spirits Industry and/or Beverages is a distinct advantage
- Experience in additional functions beyond the ones listed above
- First hand field sales experience
- Strong financial savviness
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.