About the role
In this role you will be accountable to drive growth in the current and future business trough category development and shopper understanding. You will deliver category management projects and portfolio marketing programs in Belux. Your ability to manage multiple projects at any given time will be key, as will be your comfort in working seamlessly within the matrix.
- You will build, develop and implement compelling categegory stories, that lead to best in class Category Management, Assortment management & Space management practices, which will enable us to win in the marketplace.
- You will be the Category Expert & drive the Category Vision development and implementation in BeLux.
- You will be the expert in Nielsen and Shopper Insights and use those to build Channel and Shopper plans that win customer support for our plans and unlock incremental value for the Customer and Bacardi
- You will develop and coordinate the execution of Portfolio Activations
- You will be on top of Trends that shape the current and future dynamics and make sure the organization is ready to face the future by sharing relevant insights and strategies with the business.
- You will be based in the BeLux office where you will be working with multifunctional team colleagues.You will be part of the EUR Category Development Team, and as such there might be some travel to other markets.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Drive results & excellence in execution
- Create and share Nielsen & market trend updates on a regular basis with the organisation
- Localise the category vision and implement with different interal and external shareholders
- Develop and implement category range and space management practices
- Develop and execute the strategy to win with premium across the portfolio
- Develop and coordinate portfolio activations
- Share, 'steal' and re-apply activation ideas and executions from other markets
- Implement a Measurement and Evaluation minsdet for every activity
Develop talent and capability
- Build a learning organization by creating a "share, steal and reapply" culture that builds best practices
- Work with the sales, customer and consumer marketing team to drive insights in the business
- Be the person that drives business knowledge across the organization, focused on Nielsen and Shopper insights.
Create a winning team
- Build a sense of community across the BeLux organisation
- Carry out the Category Development vision and align the team behind targets while creating a passion for winning
- Create a culture of excellence in execution that recognizes and rewards high performance Lead a culture of measurement and evaluation for all activities
Measures of success
- Achieve Net Sales Value (NSV) targets vs. budget and NSV per case target ahead of plan
- Value share: Deliver target value share growth
- Project Delivery: Deliver projects ensuring customer timelines are met
- Strategy: Be seen interally and externally as category experts and thought leaders. Bacardi is the go-to partner for all strategic category disucssions for our customers
- Measure&Evaluate: Set up clear KPIs for every key project, evaluate every activity and implement corrective actions where relevant.
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- You have Master degree (University/Business School)
- You have minimum 3-5 years of experience in commercial roles: Sales, Customer Marketing, Marketing
- Strong analytical skills combined with business and commercial acumen and customer understanding - Proven ability to lead category project to results
- Proven ability to develop and lead channel and category development programs with customers
- In-depth knowledge of Nielsen software & excel. Power BI is a plus
- A strong track-record of influencing internal and external stakeholders
- A driven, go-getter mentality with a self-starting attitude
- Real team-player, who is actively looking for feedback and collaboration to drive the business forward
The following experiences are preferred :
- Customer Marketing / Sales / Marketing experience
- Experience in the Spirits and/or overall beverage Industry is a distinct advantage
- Experience selling premium brands
- Knowledge of the Lux market
- Affinity with Off-trade and On-Trade
- Proficiency in English, French & Dutch
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.