About the role
For more than 25 years The Patrón Spirits Company (PSC) has created the world's #1 ultra-premium tequila, using timeless techniques to ensure every drop is the very best. Our product is more than something to drink; it's a memento of a simply perfect moment. From weddings to work promotions, each handcrafted bottle is an original reminder of something or someone worth celebrating. Patrón provides the perfect opportunity to capture, craft and share these experiences worldwide.
We're looking for the very best innovative talent to join our team as the State Manager.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Establish programs derived from both national and local strategic initiatives for distributor sales teams to execute. Evaluate, implement and execute such programs within brand strategies.
Essential Functions of the Job:
1. Develop, Implement & Execute Regional Chain Merchandising Plan
2. Lead Distributors Chain Merchandising Division(s).
3. Execute North America sales programs (compliance).
4. Support State Managers on Sales Platforms Development, Pricing Calendars and bill back re-conciliation.
5. Support State Managers with Execution of Ad's, New Items and Live on Shelf.
6. Stay informed of customer and consumer trends; develop programs to capitalize on such trends.
7. Actively participate in promotions and events, which often occur in the evenings or on weekends.
8. Provide market updates, including feedback on marketing effectiveness and sales initiatives for programs, POS, advertising, etc.
9. Supports and encourages a collaborative team environment that helps in the promotion of personal development
10. Analytics ability with Nielsen/IRI
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Measures of success
Work with minimal supervision, exercising a high degree of discretion and independent judgment. Primary duties are managing the designated area sales, with focus on programming and execution, for The Patrón Spirits Company.
Critical experiences for success
1. Position requires a degree in Business Administration/Marketing or other relevant line of study and 5 years plus of experience within the hospitality industry or wholesale beverage alcohol industry preferred.
2. Position also requires knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer service within the industry.
1. Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner with strong interpersonal skills.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with executives, employees, vendors and customers (both internal and external) at all levels of the organization, in person, via telephone and email or other written correspondence.
3. Computer proficiency required in MS Office Products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; ability to use advanced computer functions, including navigating the Internet.
4. Ability to read and write in English with knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
5. Ability to analyze available information for the purposes of preparing reports, coordinating efforts and solving problems.
6. Possession of exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls (5-6+ hours per day); reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds and infrequently lift or move up to 50 pounds.
The employee is required to possess visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading, visual inspection and general observations.
The working environment is basically an indoor climate-controlled environment. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.