About the role
Key to this role is the execution of Regional / Global strategies, policies and procedures
Responsible for developing the Benelux Finished Goods Demand Plan and executing inventory plans from the market that will enable the business to meet sales and service objectives. Collaboration with other members of the supply chain, sales, finance, customers, marketing, and customer support teams is paramount to achieve these sales and service objectives.
Creates, develops, produces and collects Finished Goods demand forecasts . Interacts and communicates with, Sales, marketing, finance, purchasing, supply planning and other departments as appropriate to obtain accurate information. The Demand Planner works to analyze current business and economic demand trends and predict future trends. He/She demonstrates a higher level technical expertise, a higher level understanding of the elements of the supply chain process and the information flow through the demand and supply planning process. This includes the management of the product masterdata.
Managing key internal and external stakeholders is a primary driver and challenge of the role along with giving accurate and timely plans to the team.
Critical to deliver improved forecast accuracy and reducing days inventory and logistics costs
Develop best in class integration within departments, ie IBP
Ensure and maintain a robust alert system
Improve forecast accuracy at market level
Primarily Office Based
Demonstrate an interest in personal learning and development; seek feedback form multiple sources about how to improve and develop; modify behavior based on feedback or self-analysis of past errors..
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach to Forecasting by working with Sales, Customers, Finance and the wider business team, reaching alignment to the CPA/Sales Operational Plan on a monthly basis
- Engage with Sales on the ongoing requirements plan, looking to continuously improve the Planning and Customer Services processes accordingly.
- Continually analyze current business demand trends and predict future trends for short, mid and long term horizons.
- Manage all Finished Goods Demand and Supply Planning processes to ensure that plans are established, monitored and reviewed in order to ensure efficient and timely availability & distribution of products (both weekly & monthly processes)
- Build visibility between financial targets (BUDGET) versus updated volume sales plan to support the financial team in the financial cycle
- Drive value - ensure balanced, dynamic and event driven process in place for forecasting
- Engage at all levels: drive cross functional alignment and business ownership at multiple levels
- Drive demand shaping to drive optimal responsiveness
- Maintain and report using S&OP tools, clearly documenting risks and opportunities.
- Resolve short/medium term supply constraints (ex. quality, technical...) to deliver product (Finish goods, and Value Added Pack's) on the agreed Demand review and retro-planning.Inbound availability Planning - plan import of Finished Goods considering MOQ & protection of OTIF / Availability to our Customers and Sales Forces
- Effectivently manage processes with regard to Non Performing Inventory. Prevent and monitor write-offs, with action plans for reduction, improvement and control
- Continuously improve forecasting techniques: method and approach
- Maintain documentation/standard operating procedures for all planning processes and systems, ensuring new practices/methods are frequently documented
- Conduct weekly and monthly forecast analysis, ensuring forecasting processes and methods are followed
- Analyze/Document assumptions pertinent to the creation of the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions) for Finished Goods. Lead Volume Clinics with Sales on a Monthly Basis
- Coordinate promotional activity, repacks and/or projects with all key stakeholders: Marketing, Sales, Customer Service & S&OP Manager
- Participate in New Product Development processes (InnovApp process)
- Creation of internal item codes for local/promotional items (warehousing)
- Participate in the monthly Plant Reviews, to review capacity, throughput, materials management, etc with the plants and ensure all projects/processes relating to improvement of supply are achieved
- Manage inventory targets within evolving regional and WEU guidelines
- Support Country level forecast and inventory planning meetings, reviewing recommended Sales forecasts and inventory projections/targets (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, and promotions).
- Monitor on a weekly / monthly basis all Stocks and Sales for Benelux market.
- Monitor Distributor stock level
- Validate stock replenishment proposals from plants, ensuring inbound plan is met within Warehouse capacities (working with Logistics Provider)
- Develop and implement corrective action plan to prevent future variances.
- Support S&OP Manager on sign off at S&OP meeting.
- Develop best practice sharing within the regional planning community by:
- Proactively facilitating re-engineering & continuous improvement to forecasting best practice
- Monitor ICC levels and define SKU rationalization initiatives
- Monitor excess and obsolete inventory
- Ensure any issues / alerts are raised in a prompt and timely manner with relevant Local management
Measures of success
- S&OP Process for cluster Benelux
- Operational Excellence: Drive sustained improvement in product supply, customer service, planning cycles and reduction of waste
KPI's, for example:
- Forecast Accracy TISP
- DIOH : Days Inventory On Hand
- IBP DP planning : Integrated Business Planning
- Cost reduction (Slow-No Movers)
- ICC's & Pallet Reduction
- SOX compliance
Critical experiences for success
You will have preferably 3+ years experience in Supply Chain. Your familiarity and knowledge of demand planning technology (ERP system like SAP) and decision support tools will be well recognized.
Experience gained in an FMCG environment or in high tech or pharma industries is appreciated.
Demonstrated use of analytical and statistical models to analyze demand and prepare forecasts.
Detail oriented, with extreme accuracy
Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional, team oriented environment
Ability to work cross-functionally.
Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory.
Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
- Customer focus : Can respond to colleagues and senior management needs positively and appropriately
- Self-Development : Take steps to develop and maintain the knowledge, skills, and expertise necessary to achieve positive results.
- Integrity: Demonstrate trustworthiness and professionalism with clients, peers, and team members.
- Business Acumen : Analyses issues from a business and cross-functional perspective. Understands the importance of an accurate forecast to the Business.
- Timely decision making : Maintains processes, procedures and systems correctly. Ensures data accuracy and supports deadlines. Makes decisions within the boundary of the role.
- Interpersonal savy : Builds and maintains professional and effective working relationships with colleagues. Relates well to staff at a variety of levels.
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important. Quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside. Eliminate roadblocks.
- Problem solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Probes all fruitful sources for answers. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answer.
- Drive for Results : Understands strategic importance of meeting KPIs, demonstrating commitment and drive to see things through.
- Communication : Structures and presents technical data in a clear and logical format. Can negotiate and seek compromise collaboratively.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly, anticipate future consequences and trends accurately. Has broad knowledge and perspective, future oriented.
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.