About the role
As the Senior Manager within the European Commercial Planning/IBP Program team, you will be accountable for ensuring that Commercial Planning process and system (Anaplan) are rolled out across Europe and fully embedded within each market. You will be a critical partner for markets, moving the Commercial Planning/IBP program from a launch 'project' status to a sustainable, effective way of planning and execution. Your ability to manage multiple projects at any given time will be key, as will be your comfort in working seamlessly within the matrix, with teams within and outside the commercial function.
- You will be the business lead within the Commercial Planning/IBP program, representing the markets and the Commercial function, and ensuring that the resources are focused on the agreed business priorities and on-time delivery of those priorities.
- You will work very closely with the markets to understand and map their current business process and ways of working in detail: commercial planning (promotions, contract ...), pricing, S&OP volume planning, financial forecasting ...
- You will identify potential gaps between their current business process / ways of working and the recommended best-in-class process / ways of working we are implementing as part of the Commercial Planning/IBP program. You will make sure potential gaps are clearly identified and specified as process, systems, resources or capability gaps. You will align on a change management plan with each market to go from current situation to recommended end-state.
- You will act as the Commercial Planning/IBP business partner for the markets and accompany them through their change journey from the beginning (launch 'project' status) to a sustainable business-as-usual situation. Identifying a market coordinator per market and working very closely with them through this journey will be a key success factor for you.
- You will ensure we have one solution and one set of integrated processes with limited flexibility ("freedom within the framework") or market specific functionalities. All decisions should be taken on a cost/benefit analysis approach. All system changes/updates and new functionalities should support the aligned and integrated processes. You will be the guardian of having a good solution to support the business across all markets vs. having one fantastic solution in a few markets.
- You will deliver measurable value through commercial P&L and pricing visibility, improved promotional ROI and fully integrated planning (improved forecasting accuracy). You will also unlock and realize efficiencies in ways of working.
- You will own the capability and process workstreams within the Commercial Planning/IBP program while your GBS partners will own the system/tool workstream (delivery, maintenance and updates) based on aligned and approved business priorities.
This role is varied and based in Brussels, to be successful the job will require frequent travels (up to 60% of your time) in order to work closely with current and future live Commercial Planning/Anaplan markets, this will ensure the right level of support on the ground.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Drive results and excellence in execution
- Understand the potential benefits and requirements for Launch markets and support the delivery of relevant Commercial Colleges.
- Deliver on key milestones for the embedding markets including Integration to annual/quarterly contract & promotional planning, S&OP process, month-end performance review and financial forecast and pricing.
- Identify success criteria for the embedding phase within each market and identify a 12 - 18-month development for both process and people to ensure that IBP is fully leveraged and delivers for Bacardi, Cluster, Country and individuals. Ensure that this plan is agreed with Country, Cluster and Commercial Development stakeholders.
- Provide regular status updates and related Communications material.
Develop talent and capability
- Input to and build project 'learning' assets - Including One Bacardi, Commercial College modules.
- Drive the in-market 'sustainability' with support from Commercial Development.
- Operate as the local "go-to" person on these topics, but ensure that in market capability is grown.
- Support search, steal and reapply Commercial best practice across markets within Cluster and with other Clusters through effective sharing.
Create a winning team
- Orchestrate the functioning of the matrix organization pulling in the appropriate resources as needed.
- Recognize accomplishments and behaviors in a timely manner and support the building of an effective IBP community.
Innovation: Identify, develop, and make improvements to new ideas, techniques, procedures, services, or products
Measures of success
- Coverage : Roll-out Commercial Planning/IBP program across Europe
- Performance: Achieve Country project targets and support the visibility of core financials to enable effective decision making (NSV, Gross Margin, Overheads, Profitability, ROI, Value Share)
- Toolkit: Deliver and update assets to fill capability gaps as agreed by in-market leadership team and Commercial Development.
- Employee capabilities: Deliver self-sustaining capabilities of end users in market.
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Experience of having worked within Commercial Finance position at a senior level within a Country or Region, delivering significant profitability within multiple channels and customers.
- Experience of leading or being part of a significant 'change' program within a country or region.
- Proven track record of working with senior Commercial, Finance, IT and Supply Chain leaders within a matrix organization.
- Strong experience and skills set in pricing, trade terms, commercial planning and promotional evaluation.
- Demonstrable track record of performance in a Commercial environment.
- Experience in an industry particularly with strong 3rd party distribution channel (e.g. drinks, confectionary, snacks).
- Good working knowledge in the system required to perform the role (e.g. Anaplan)
The following experiences are preferred:
- Experience in Spirits and/or Beverage industry (at a globally relevant brand)
Experience in customer marketing
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.