About the role
To support Logistics activities in adherence to the Excise acts & regulations. This includes coordination with internal and external customers planning, support procurement , dispatch of IML & FG inventory management.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To co-ordinate with Sales team,understand permit Schedules and forecast truck requirements t.o transport service providers
- To coordinate with plants for timely dispatch of the finished goods to various destinations and continuously improving customer service.
- To co-ordinate with material suppliers,both local and foreign based, for timely movement of Raw materials,packing materials including liquid alcohol.
- Accountable for all the Legal and Statutory compliance , related to the logistics of RM/PM and FG movement.
- To develop efficient vendor management system for transportation with focus on cost efficiency
- To negotiate costs and finalise long and shortterm contracts with transport service providers
Measures of success
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A track record of devising and implementing logistics strategy including procurement of transport services.
- Experience in optimizing transport costs across a multi unit multi warehouse operation handling atleast about 1000 trucks a month
- Deliveries of finished goods from factories to corporation/depots within timelines
- A basic understanding of alcohol movement rules across inter state borders
- Expertise in Warehouse management & Accounts especially control functions that can withstand audit scrutiny
- Expertise in Monthly Accounts updations and analysis for MIS, Internal and External Audits and reporting.
- An ability to analyse elements of transportation costs and devise strategies/countermeasures to control and monitor these costs
- Espertise in reverse auctions for transport services.
- A good working relationship with a network of established transport oeprators in India.
- Best in class in operation of MS office in particular Excel/advanced Excel and Presentations.
- Knowledge of ERP- SAP
Critical experiences for success
- 5-10 years work experience in managing logistics in a medium sized beverages or fast moving consumer goods operation with sound working knowledge.
- Prior experience in a alco-bev industry is desirable but not mandatory.
- Ability to think on feet and a desire for continuous improvement by challenging status quo is a critical requirement.
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.