About the role
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Operator's primary duties will be: Load barrels; unload barrels; store & inventory barrels; dump whiskey from barrels; empty finishing barrels; proof & gauge whiskey; refill finishing barrels; reduce proof; process whiskey; perform filtrations; use, calibrate & maintain lab instruments to analyze processing specifications; set up and perform sensory evaluation & quality control functions; maintain processing equipment (i.e. Clean, Lubricate, Tighten); complete records for all whiskey movements and analysis; perform sanitation & housekeeping; and perform all other duties related to whiskey handling, processing, and filtration, as directed by the Lead Operators.
- The Operator will also be expected to perform the following functions as needed: shipping & receiving of finished goods & bottling supplies, loading & unloading trailers, bottling line operations, bottling line set up, sanitation & housekeeping of all areas of the facility, Clean, Lubricate, Tighten equipment, Grounds & Building first level maintenance, and perform all other duties as assigned by Lead Operators
- Operate pneumatic, hydraulic, and electric barrel equipment.
- Operate Company Vehicles, including but not limited to Powered Industrial Trucks (Forklifts), Box Vans, other motor vehicles.
- Comply with all Environmental, Health & Safety policies and training.
- When not performing barrel movement or processing activities the Operator will be available as an operator on the bottling line under the direction of the Lead Bottling Operator.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Production Manager.
Measures of success
Critical experiences for success
- Minimum High School diploma.
- Ability to supervise processing assistant and multi-task.
- Ability to bend, lift and carry 40 lbs. and perform repetitive work actions.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled environments and outdoors as needed.
- Ability to follow directions, perform simple math calculations and complete recordkeeping as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with SAP, DRAMS, Stillhouse and other software
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well as a team member or independently.
- Valid US Class D driver's license
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.