About the role
As the VP Digital Transformation, you will be accountable for leading a change program to upgrade the functional skills of our Marketing team on the core Global brands of Bacardi, Martini, Bombay Sapphire,Dewars Whisky, William Lawsons and Cazadores in Digital Channel Marketing to support our ambitious agenda of organizational transformation. You will lead the creation of a compelling vision and future state, and define the jorney to get to that point. The role will include a significant amount of business process change, training and development and the ability to hire in digitally native operators in each key market to inject capability into the organization quickly.
- You will define the vision for marketing in the digital world - note the company is already spending over 50% of Media investment in digital channels - the vision should frame-up how to make this powerfully effective.
- You will leverage the talent across the organization who have expertise in the field of digital and build a digital community.
- You will define how to leverage our existing global digital media partnerships and make them effective and work with the VP for Agency Performance and Partnerships to define our approach.
- You will work with the Marketing Capability Director to create effective training, development and recognition activities to build the knowledge & understanding of the teams in Digital Communications.
- You will work with our Creative Development Teams and our Agencies to define common and best practice in briefing creative work for each of the relevant channel, utilizing the inherent channel strengths to maximize impact.
- You will coach teams on judging creative work in digital channels, and share award winning work to inspire us to aspire to buy great work.
- You will work with our e-commerce team to build effective search and capture approaches in the on-line path to purchase and support them in identifying and championing best practice.
- You will work with our SVP Strategy and Insights to develop activity performance measures and set business performance targets to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of our digital activations.
- You will manage the development budget for your activity as assigned to you.
- You will lead the marketing digital services team to develop our owned social and digital places
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Creating the Vision & Plan
- Assess our current performance, identifying pockets of excellence and existing best practice.
- Identify and engage talent and expertise across the organization to create the Bacardi Digital Community
- Deliver and communicate a compelling vision for the future of communication through Digital Channels
- Define the missions to deliver the vision in ambitious change plan
- Develop the agenda for improvement in our performance in each stage of the plan
- Define the steps and the resources needed to make progress on the journey towards the goal.
- Define critical milestones that will mark progress and measure success.
- Define activities and execution details of the annual plan
Building Expertise across the Organization
- Inspire the organization with a compelling vision, help each member of the team understand their role in being part of the change
- Develop our capability in Communications Planning in a digital world
- Develop world class Briefing capability for both content creation, connections planning and buying
- Set performance standards for Buying
- Help our teams understand how to buy great work in digital channels
- Conduct a series of Training programs to support knowledge development utilizing tools and approaches
- Nourish the ambition of the team with external best practice
- Create a Recognition program to celebrate our people's performance
- Help define Recruitment criteria for future hires into the Marketing Department
Working with our Agency & Media Partners
· Define the best practice in identifying and targeting audiences in digital channels
· Define best practice and resourcing in building a responsive social media presence.
· Define the creative development process for developing effective social story-telling, utilizing social listening
· Define the standards that describe great work in the creation of tweets, posts, images, live streaming and video.
· Participate with the marketing lead-team in the selection of digital platform partners and agencies
· Participate in the definition of platform partner and agency incentives
· Develop a long-term view of the unfolding future in digital, including experimenting with new platforms and features.
· Working with the SVP Strategic Insights and Planning to define the most effective measurement tools.
· Working with the VP Agency Performance & Partnerships to measure agency performance, celebrate great work and identify potential waste.
· Demonstrate with evidence of the deployment of tools trained to demonstrate usage.
· Seeks performance feedback on the tools in use in markets to identify any improvements needed.
· Rigorously manages development budgets, spend the money like it's your own.
· Strong communication of the Digital Transformation agenda throughout the organization to inspire our colleagues
· Communicate workshop dates proactively and have a simple delegate registration process
· Run regular manager performance coaching calls to get feedback on the results of the application of lessons into action.
Measures of success
· Feedback on the communication of the vision for the future of communication through Digital Channels
· Costed and clearly understood missions to deliver the vision in ambitious change plan
· The number of training and coaching support events run and the number of attendees who feedback positive experiences on the quality of their learning.
· Agency feedback on our progress to become an outstanding client
· Improved cost and effectiveness measures (to be defined)
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Digitally native and experienced in using all major channels in marketing communications
- Working within a leading digital client or agency. No drinks experience is necessary
- Have led an organization transformation program
- A strong and confident presenter, strong interpersonal skills and strong written skills
- Comfortable communicating at all levels in an organization
- Degree and/or professional marketing qualifications
- Fluent command in English
The following experiences are preferred:
- Have been recognized with awards for your work.
- Drinks and Luxury Category experience is an advantage
- Experience in additional functions beyond marketing to bring a greater perspective
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with ambiguity
- Fluency in or good knowledge of Spanish and French
- Remains abreast of development in the communications industry
- Enjoys innovative brand communications
LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCE Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future.
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.