About the role
The Internal Communications Manager, while working behind the scenes, will contribute to highly visible global employee campaigns and programs by developing internal content and infusing creativity into the planning and execution of programs. The individual should be vision driven and a strong writer who knows how to adapt tone and style for different audiences and vehicles. He or she has needs proven ability to build teams and strong relationships with core internal clients to help them achieve their communications objectives. The ideal candidate likes to push the status quo to introduce new, disruptive technologies and tools to help engage employees but must understand the importance of deadlines and delivering on commitments. Individual should understand best practices in communicating to a variety of cultures, geographies and languages.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Lead strategic communications planning and content development for internal clients, including functional teams such as Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, etc. Serve as in-house creative and content development agency to communicate functional priorities and manage external agencies and vendors to deliver assets including visual design, digital content, campaigns, contests and more.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with senior leaders to provide counsel on communications effectiveness.
- Develop presentations, talking points, and videos from senior executives for presentation to employees.
- Produce videos, including crafting of storyboards, coordination with crew, set selection and prepping of talent. Oversee final editing process.
- Lead the strategy and management of the ONE Bacardi mobile communications tool. Includes development of content, education and training, campaigns and promotions designed to drive usage, engagement and mobile use. Own metrics reporting and identify trends that may influence future development and capabilities.
- Serve on global editorial team to map out weekly content and production schedule. Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as intranet, online newsletters, internal social media feeds, and more. Identify story opportunities for both internal and external use to showcase Bacardi Life.
- Craft social media strategy and goals focused on company and employee visual and video storytelling.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for all functions.
Measures of success
Performance: Achieve departmental priorities in alignment with annual objectives and quarterly priorities
Employee Engagement: Drive sustained improvement in engagement and enablement, as measured through the Employee Engagement Survey (EES) and usage of internal communications tools.
Talent: Deliver against talent management activities as measured via the Talent Scorecard or other key measures
Brand /Company Image Protection: Ensure protection of the company and brand images
Site Usage: Deliver sustained site usage as measured by unique visits, page views, time on site, etc.
Customer: Achieve target customer satisfaction measures
Critical experiences for success
- University degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- 8-10 years of experience in Employee Communications, preferably at a corporation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; proven skills as copy editor
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Experience and ability to manage content for large scale events and meetings helpful.
- Industry experience helpful
- Strong visual design flair
- An interest in and experience with the latest communication mediums and trends a must.
- Experience managing project budgets and agency relationships
- Fluent in MS Word, Power Point, Excel
- Proficient in Adobe PhotoShop. Other graphic design and publishing software knowledge a plus
- Web and social media savvy
- Objective and measurement setting; with expertise on how to measure website effectiveness
- HTML coding desired, but not required
- Fluent in English and Spanish. Additional languages a plus
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.