About the role
For more than 25 years The Patrón Spirits Company (PSC) has created the world's #1 ultra-premium tequila, using timeless techniques to ensure every drop is the very best. Our product is more than something to drink; it's a memento of a simply perfect moment. From weddings to work promotions, each handcrafted bottle is an original reminder of something or someone worth celebrating. Patrón provides the perfect opportunity to capture, craft and share these experiences worldwide.
We're looking for the very best innovative talent to join our marketing team as the Director of Digital and Social Marketing.
We desire a strategist and storyteller, someone who can confidently build and execute a digital agenda for our brand while engaging the commercial partners, spirits drinkers, influencers and fellow employees required to bring the vision to life. This results-driven marketer will accelerate our journey to become the top luxury brand in the world by implementing best-in-class digital practices, guiding all social and mobile operations and growing the organization's capability to transform innovation into competitive advantage.
Through leadership of the Patrón digital experience - web development, content, search, display, domain optimization, tech platforms and eCRM - the Director of Digital and Social Marketing will serve as a key resource for ensuring the world's most profitable spirit brand continues to deliver value across 100+ countries and 20+ products.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Director of Digital and Social Marketing will supervise a Social Media Manager, two (2) global agency teams, manage a multi-million dollar annual budget and recruit the resources necessary to deliver brand and business outcomes.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Operational Leadership - Mature the digital practice and evolve supporting marketing functions to delight luxury consumers via, SEO/SEM, analytics, e-commerce, technology partnerships, innovation (AR, VR, AI, Voice), mobile apps, paid media, design and brand marketing.
Social Media Excellence - Serve as a player/coach in refreshing our social strategy, creative and channels while exercising the hands-on duties required to deliver on our goal of being the #1 most talked about luxury brand in the world.
Transformation - Deliver digitally-powered solutions that drive our business forward, beyond just digital marketing. Construct an innovation pipeline that incubates potential big ideas to identify the few that will have a measurable impact on our business. Continue growing the Cocktail Lab drinks platform into the top destination for consumers to connect with the cocktails they love.
Program Planning - Author creative and media briefs that produce original, innovative multi-media content. Oversee the creation and approval of detailed campaigns which define program goals, budget, metrics, resources, timelines, deliverables, execution strategies, success measures and contingencies
Collaboration - Proactive and consistent communication, including program check-ins, approvals and postmortem reports outlining quantifiable results, program analysis and recommendations to the Marketing Leadership Team.
Project Management - Manage and monitor the digital and social marketing program portfolio and make recommendations on resource rebalancing as required to ensure program objectives are achieved; communicate progress, results and strategic implications in a timely and effective manner
People Development & Leadership- Coach and mentor the direct digital team and extended agencies/partners to grow capabilities, inspire action, role model effective decision-making and build a climate of testing, learning and doing.
Business Intelligence - Competitively drive the ongoing process of converting insights into action, supported by predictive intelligence, diagnostic insights and encouraging a culture of experimentation. Develop reporting dashboards, forecasts and competitive performance to help all enterprise stakeholders make better decisions based on credible sources of truth. Leverage analytics and listening tools to develop deep customer empathy that informs how we market, target and position products.
Measures of success
- Construct and execute digital marketing plans that drive achievement of Patrón commercial targets.
- Excellent delivery of social, content and creative programming that reinforces global brand health metrics: brand awareness, popularity, engagement, advocacy, new consumer adoption and share-of-voice.
- Deliver relevant digital and social brand assets on-time, including video, copy, photography, sites, search campaigns, media launches, etc.
- Grow world class web experiences, including mobile usage, site UX, design, mobile app adoption and emerging innovation
- Ensure consistent adherence to global brand visual identity and digital best practices
- Deliver against talent and agency management activities to accelerate the Patrón strategy
- Develops a winning team of internal peers and external production, creative, development and media partners.
- Financial stewardship of global marketing investment in people, programs and channels
- Consistent, accurate reporting of insights, trends, data and progress against team objectives
- Achieve the market recognition of the brand as the best-in-class disruptor and envy of the market as a premium, enduring, and highly desired lifestyle icon
Critical experiences for success
- 10+ years digital experience launching, leading and sustaining online strategies. Strong preference for experience in lifestyle, luxury and/or alcoholic beverages.
- 6+ years expert experience with social publishing, monitoring and digital campaign tools (e.g., Spredfast, Sprinklr, Facebook Ads, WordPress, Google AdWords, Twitter Promoted Products, Google Analytics, DNS providers, etc.)
- 3+ years demonstrated proficiency launching mobile and tech platforms across 3rd party providers (e.g., Apple, Amazon, Google, etc.) in addition to familiarity with APIs, UX, UI and the end-to-end design process.
- Demonstrated skill leading or executing the Community Manager function on behalf of enterprise business to drive award-winning social engagement.
- Informed on technology, trends and partners in the digital space, with a refined understanding of how to implement change in a global organization.
- Experience translating customer insights and key learnings into compelling creative experiences such as promotions, events, video, applications, websites, etc.
- Comfortable creating, presenting and executing annual marketing plans. Strong prioritization and time management skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Strategic thinker and collaborative leader with the ability to manage small to large project teams, influence others and make sound decisions.
- Proficient analytical and problem solving orientation with clear examples of using data actively for target setting, measurement, ROI analysis and recommendations
- Emotional and cultural maturity with ability to work internationally, push for results, embrace change and quickly pivot when needed to drive results.
- Open-minded individual with flexible, open operating style, and a natural consultative approach who gains the trust and respect of individuals at all levels.
- Experience managing global people, agencies and executive stakeholders for effective decision-making and peer management.
- Has led or actively participated in a digital transformation and possesses domain expertise in online, social, content and community development
- Excellent interpersonal communication, relationship building, teamwork, and project management skills
- Excellent budget management skills
- Innovator with the ability to influence management at all levels and desire to assume more responsibilities over time
- Bachelor's degree required
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.