About the role
As a Brand Manager, you will be accountable for delivering brand performance targets in your market and driving value creation for the Bacardi brand. Your primary role will be leading consumer, influencer and trade advocacy programs for deployment into the NAM (North American) market. The platforms & programs developed for NAM can & will be extended as best practice for amplification in key international markets.
- You will extend the Regional IAP into a robust set of market brand activities, coordinating with your local Customer Marketing team to deliver maximum impact in-market and deliver annual Brand financial and commercial targets, and working with global leadership for alignment and support.
- You will manage an A&P budget for your brand as assigned to you by the Brand Director
- You will lead the in-market delivery of consumer-facing Brand activities and partner with Customer Marketing on all trade-facing activities, as defined in the IAP, ensuring executional excellence.
- You will partner with Insights to ensure we measure and evaluate the performance of all Brand activities in your market to optimize A&P spend
- You will be a key player in the international development of brand platforms and activities at a consumer, PR and advocacy perspective, with a primary focus on landing those activities in the NAM market.
This role is based in Miami and may require some traveling to meet with customers and third parties, and is likely to include some international travel. This role reports into the NAM Sr. Brand Manager for Bacardi premium brands.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Consumer, shopper and customer understanding
- Partner with your Hub Consumer & Commercial Insights team to build deep understanding of the target consumer and shopper for your Brand in your market in order to tailor local execution of Brand activities effectively
- Actively consult on the situation assessment for the Brand in your market, partnering with Hub Consumer & Commercial Insights to develop local consumer, shopper and customer learnings on triggers and barriers to Brand growth
Category & brand strategy and activity planning
- Provide input into the definition of "Jobs To Be Done" in the Hub Integrated Activity Plan (IAP), under the overall co-ordination of the Customer Marketing team at Hub and Country level
- Provide guidance to Brand Director on effective deployment of Brand A&P by activity & channel in-market for your designated activities.
Integrated brand communication
- Leads in-market execution and implementation of consumer-facing elements of the brand plan and provides brand input to Customer Marketing for on-premise facing activity on the brand
- Leads localization of brand communications plan, including local planning & buying of media with agency partner
- Works with Hub Experience and Engagement team to ensure that all brand content programs and partnerships developed at Hub level are activated and commercialized effectively in-market, including execution of PR, digital and experiential programs and partnering with Customer Marketing on advocacy programs as required
- Ensure that all brand assets developed in the market adhere to Global Brand guidelines and local social responsibility policies and regulations and always follow the Bacardi Marketing Way best practice
Business performance management
- Accountable for delivery of Brand performance targets in market (revenue, profitability, share, equity) as agreed with the local Finance team and Senior Management
- Work with Insights to ensure measurement & evaluation (M&E) plan in place on all brand activities in your market
- Rigorously manage brand A&P budget in order to minimize costs and optimize returns on investment
- Actively monitor Brand KPIs and provide guidance on corrective action to achieve agreed objectives
Creating a winning team
- Actively support effective matrix working across Hub, Country and with key international stakeholders in major gin markets such as the UK and Spain.
Developing talent & capability
- Participate in functional capability development as required
Measures of success
- Achieve Brand/ Category financial and commercial targets in market (revenue, profitability, share)
- Drive improved Brand health in market (e.g. awareness, penetration, engagement)
- Deliver on measures of social currency for your Brand in market (e.g. social media buzz)
- Ensure adherence to global brand visual identity at all times
- Ensure measurement & evaluation plan in place on over 80% of Brand activity in market
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Brand management experience in progressive roles, leading different Marketing projects with a strong focus on consumer/comms, PR, influencer content creation and advocacy.
- Experience multiple specialty areas: digital, innovation, promotions, events, media, etc.
- Verbal/written skills at all levels in an organization; ability to generate meaningful presentations
- Degree and/or professional Marketing qualifications
- Fluent command in English
The following experiences are preferred:
- Drinks and Premium Category experience is an advantage
- Experience in additional functions beyond the ones listed above
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with ambiguity
- Comprehension of competitive market for brand and Category in the Hub and how to use available data to develop initiatives to grow the brand
- Remains abreast of legal regulations in the industry for the Country
- Ethical Practice : Experienced
- Insights for Action : Experienced
- Strategy and Brand : Experienced
- Commercial Activation : Experienced
- Brand Ideas and Connections : Experienced
- Agency Partnership : Experienced
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example / Develop and Inspire Talent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.