About the role
As the Shopper Insights & Analytics Director for the NA region, you will report into the VP of Strategic Insights & Analytics while being embedded in the customer marketing and sales teams. In this role, you will work closely with the brand insight directors while being accountable for delivering the Bacardi Shopper Insights portfolio agenda and setting M&E goals in order to drive more effective commercial planning and ultimately drive value creation for the company.
Most importantly, you will be serving as the "voice of our shoppers, bartenders and retail partners" and working to integrate this learning into broader strategic decision-making process and help to breakdown silos between marketing and sales teams.
Your ability to manage multiple projects at any given time while using your consultative skills to influence and coach your business partners while working in a seamlessly evolving matrix environment will be key. More specifically...
- You will champion the creation of the Shopper Insights & Analytics function, a development area and focus for the company.
- You will be responsible for developing and setting the shopper insight learning plan and measurement protocols to drive commercial growth.
- You will be accountable to ensure that shopper insights are effectively applied to key decisions, as well as used to develop compelling and consistent selling stories across retail channels and brands.
- You will be a key point of contact for customer marketing and the sales team while collaborating with your brand marketing insight partners to achieve the broader business objectives.
This role is varied and while based in the Miami office, you can expect to be travelling at least 25% of your time to stay connected with customer marketing teams, agencies and key customers, as well as attending and managing fieldwork.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Consumer, shopper and customer understanding
- Identify, build, deploy and evolve differentiated insights methods and capabilities that can provide Bacardi a unique future-forward understanding of shopper behavior.
- Drives ongoing business analytics and assessment of competitors and market intelligence.
Category & brand strategy and activity planning
- Directs, in partnership with the customer marketing team, the design of a portfolio insight agenda to support the development and refinement of on- and off-trade customer-facing programs.
- Leads, coordinates and delivers information and insight to end users to win at the point of purchase (i.e., the shelf to maximize the influence, presence and velocity of brands with key retailer, bartender recommendations).
- Support business in the development of M&E protocals on the creation of insights-based value propositions for customers.
Business performance management
- Uncover and cascade business opportunities and growth drives with deep-dive analytics using various resources including, but not limited to: POS, Syndicated Data, and other applied metrics.
- Ensures appropriate insights and data are available and M&E protocols established to ensure the different lenses of Category, Purchaser, Channel and Customer are applied and shape key business strategies and activity plans to deliver improved business results.
Developing talent & capability
- Develop, leverage, and share tools, processes, and best practices with the marketing and sales community.
Measures of success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Experience driving impact as a shopper or consumer insights strategic partner
- Beverage, spirits or FMCG experience preferred
- Mastery of Retail/Commercial Strategy and Excecution, as well as the design and development of M&E protocals and business analytics.
- Experience in a broad range of custom qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, as well as experience managing and negotiating with syndicated suppliers.
- A clear communicator, able to deliver finding in an engaging, fresh and impactful manner, cutting through the complex to tell a simple, compelling narrative.
- Charismatic and persuasive business partner with gravitas to engage with high level managers internally and externally.
- A creative, strategic and integrated thinker, able to think both imaginatively and holistically.
- Passion for & confidence with deconstructing and reframing complex questions and an analytic ability to distill disparate datasets into clear & meaningful recommendations.
- A decision change agent, with a deep understanding of how to turn insights into action and impact the commercial agenda and influence others in a matrixed environment .
- A team player, who thrives on working collaboratively, inspiring others and bringing out the best in others.
- Ability to work in ambiguous environment and establish new path and processes.
- Bachelors degree required and an MBA with a marketing specialization preferred.
- Fluent command in English and other languages preferred.
Critical experiences for success
- Graduated (Required);
- SAP (Wanted);
- Foreign Trade Operations (Required);
- Excel (Required);
- High level of analysis (Wanted).
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.