About the role
There is an opportunity for an experienced Digital Archivist working for Bacardi, the largest family owned business in the world, based at John Dewar & Sons Ltd in Glasgow. The role involves developing a new digital archive, in order to preserve the company's recent history.
Contract: 3 Years fixed term, full-time
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Establishing a digital archive for the company's different brands and entities
- Creating and collaborating on policies and procedures including acquisitions and digital archiving
- Promoting the project to key departments; organising and cataloguing digital archive assets from internal systems and departments
- Implementing a digital preservation system
- Ensuring the digital archive system links into the company's established catalogue management system
- Promoting the digital archive including staff education.
The position will also include fulfilling internal and external archive enquiries, relating to all collections held in the archive, and contributing to joint archive projects within the small global archive team.
The role may involve travel to other offices and sites owned by the company.
Measures of success
A short-term digital archive will be established immediately and a long term solution will be investigated and implemented.
Critical experiences for success
Qualifications: Applicants must have a degree in archive / records management studies
Required skills and experience:
- Applicants must have extensive experience of managing digital archives
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and have excellent communication skills
- Project management experience with the ability to manage projects effectively and deliver results to agreed deadlines.
- Up-do-date knowledge of digital preservation standards and software is crucial.
- A full knowledge and experience of traditional archiving would be useful
- Applicants should hold a full UK driving licence.
Language: English - Fluent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.