WE ARE HAWKES. SAVIOURS OF CIDER.
Back in 2013 Hawkes kick-started the craft cider revolution in the UK. Our mission has always been to make other people as passionate about great craft cider as we are. Something we stand or fall by everyday. We are the Saviours of Cider.
Now that we've joined forces our pals, BrewDog, this year, we are about to embark on a major new journey and we need your help. Our humorous and edgy tone of voice, stunts and visual identity have created a brand personality that is becoming more recognisable by the day but we need to do more!
Whilst our name was inspired by London's original street hawkers, our mission is right here in the present and the future.
The world of cider stands at a crossroads. For too long we've allowed 'big' cider and tradition to hold back our industry's growth.
That ends here.
We are standing up for those who want to break free and make a difference.
For our fellow cider makers, whose commitment to innovation will take us forward. For our people, still unlocking and discovering the world of cider.
Ultimately, we will change the face of cider, forever.
We are now searching for our next wave of Business Development Managers to 'own' London. This is an exciting opportunity to join the journey and be part of the next chapter with Hawkes.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate hawker whom lives and breathes the London drinks scene, to join our team.
Your background will be ideally be in the London on-trade and experience of working in/with on-trade outlets would also be advantageous. You will be part of a small dynamic team reporting into the Hawkes Head of Sales.
You will have responsibility for a territory across London dealing with all types of London on-trade outlets. You will need to have the confidence to prospect, present, negotiate and close sales. Sales will be made direct from our HQ in Bermondsey, but you will also need to develop strong relationships with our route to market partners. There is an opportunity to shape this role as the business grows, which offers a great opportunity for future potential.
This is what you'll be doing:
- Growing distribution of Hawkes in the On Premise by targeting & gaining new accounts
- Identifying, winning and managing key multiple operator channels and regional distributor partners.
- Spending majority of field time calling on accounts in your territory to drive On Premise strategy
- Actively building and maintaining network with key customers and opinion leaders within the on premise industry.
- Routinely perform staff education & tastings to ensure brand understanding, quality of serve, and encourage optimum pricing
- Analysing territory and account specific business to clearly understand key business drivers
- Working to ensure a quality finished drink is delivered to all consumers requesting a Hawkes Cider
- Ensuring that the right brand activation items are placed in the right accounts
This what we'd like you to have & be:
- Experience of London on-trade
- 2+ years in a sales position
- A passion for drinks, meeting people, and creating relationships
- Self-motivated, ambitious, and dynamic
- An understanding of commercial maths and P&L management
- Experience of working in a team with shared goals
- A competitive mindset with a winning attitude
London (territory based)