About the role:
At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That's why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you'll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we'll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
Packaging Specialist, Field Based (BE, NL, LU and Spain)
Purpose of the Job
Supports the European Breweries in all Packaging Performance linked KPIs and topics as well in specific projects, improvement programs and troubleshooting processes in order to guarantee sustainability in performance and usage of best technology, procedures and standardization and this based on existing working methods, tools and procedures. The field based specialist is dedicated to specific breweries regarding performance and general support and advice, but can also be linked to projects and topics applicable to all European breweries. For technical advice and specific detailed support, he can rely on the expertise of the European Packaging Experts.
Key responsibilities can be described as:
- Follow up and validate the Packaging KPIs and targets for specific dedicated breweries and support breweries in achieving KPI targets (analysis of GAP Analyses), deep-dives within the organization, support to Plan Do Check Act -exercises, specific and routine audits, data collection etc.)
- Manage Management Controlling and Report Systems KPI decks, meetings and associated information
- Validate, maintain, support and implement Packaging Policies for overall usage in the European zone, as well for the dedicated breweries
- Validate the written version of the SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) and Policies of the breweries and confirm the implementation and the compliance on the shop floor. Execute specific audits in the plants, compliance to best practices, GOPs (Good Operating Practices), MTE (Move To Excellence), etc.
- Lead ZBS Packaging strategic initiatives such as Flexibility, Gross Line Yield oversold lines, Line Balance Optimisation ..
- Support and/or lead specific quality or technical projects and action plans to sustain and improve safety, quality, cost and performance on packaging lines
- Validate the plan speed changes together with Logistics (Supply Network Planning)
- Support and/or initiate and implement specific Packaging projects: champions, maintenance, capex and Zone Technology Development initiatives.
- Support Brewery teams on technical issues, chronic problem resolutions associated with packaging and/or packaging materials..
- Implement and identify Best Practices and share this between breweries.
- Work with equipment OEMs and external suppliers to assist with raisin their performance and quality to increase overall packaging performance and quality
- Act as the ZBS-Packaging Single Point of Contact to dedicated breweries and guarantee effective (two- way) communication between ZBS Packaging and those breweries
- Support technical expertise and training to Packaging teams
- Co-accountable to sustain and improve Packaging performance in the breweries as shared target.
- Support in follow up and improve of Packaging KPIs
- Solve specific problems in frame of trouble shooting
- Support or lead exceptionally specific packaging projects/initiatives (Value Engineering), capex, ZTD, strategic projects)
- Coach, train or assist with development of Packaging staff
About the candidate:
Qualifications and Technical competencies required
- Min Bachelor Degree preferred (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar)
- At least 3 years experience in Packaging /Quality/Brewing/ or Manufacturing environment
- Previous Packaging experience including materials, equipment & technologies
- Consumer Goods or Food/Beverage industry background preferred
Job related competencies:
- Strong understanding of packaging process and KPI metrics
- Strong interest in innovation & ability to lead process audits/reviews
- Ability to communicate with and influence Brewery staff including brewery senior managers
- Fluent in English & Dutch, knowledge of French would be an asset
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Green/Black belt experience is a plus
- Experienced with IT tools (Excel, PowerPoint...)
- Mobile and open to travel (business travel required up to 30 %)
About the Company
We are AB InBev. Committed to driving growth that leads to better living for more people, in more places. Through brands and experiences that bring people together. Through our dedication to brewing the best beer with the best ingredients. And through our commitment to helping farmers, retailers, entrepreneurs and communities grow. We are building a company to last. Not just for a decade, but for the next 100 years. Through our brands and our investment in communities, we will bring more people together, making our company an integral part of our consumers' lives for generations to come.
Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium; to the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US; and the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. Now, w ith operations in over 50 countries, and our brands sold in over 100, we are truly a world leader, and o ur diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser®, Corona® and Stella Artois®.