About the role:
At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career. That's why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB-InBev you'll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we will reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
Supply Chain Network Designer
Location: Global Headquarters - Leuven, Belgium
Purpose of the Job:
The role of a Supply Chain Network Designer is to execute the medium to long term capacity modeling for our supply chain within each country. This scope includes determining the investments ABI needs to make within its supply chain to support volume growth while optimizing cost and service. It is directly tied into ABI's strategic CAPEX investments made within the brewery network.
In order to do so, the modeler must understand the existing situation within country, the projected growth by brand, product and package, the key input data related to capacities, capabilities and costs, and then run a detailed optimization process to determine the right actions to make. ABI has a very robust process and toolkit to ensure a high quality output and your role is to execute the process flawlessly.
The position will sit within ABI's brand new Center of Excellence for Supply Chain Network Design based in Leuven, Belgium. The team will lead the effort to centralize this process and build a true best in class capability for ABI, leveraging industry leading tools for supply chain design and analytics.
ABI is looking for motivated optimization practioners with experience in supply chain and Llamasoft tools to help build out the capability.
- Be the go to person for the Zone being supported for all modeling related activities; directly supporting ABI 3YP and 1YP processes that occur in the year
- Build and maintain the Llamasoft models and corresponding output presentations
- Clearly understands all model inputs and outputs and is able to interpret the results from models and translate into key proposals in alignment with Zone Footprint Teams
- Test different scenarios to develop capacity recommendations and identify cost savings
- Be a part of a brand new organization within ABI to build out an industry leading optimization center
- Will support 1-2 zones (out of 9 at ABI)
- Ownership of the model within Data Guru, Supply Chain Guru, and Tableau
- Able to execute ABI's toolkit built for network design
- Able to work with teams based elsewhere in the world and be seen as an extension of their team
- Delivery of Supply Chain design and optimization recommendations
- Aptitude to build and validate new models and to enhance the supporting toolkits
About the candidate:
- Bachelor's / Master's degree or equivalent experience in industrial engineering, operations research, or supply chain management
- 2+ years of experience in supply chain planning, design or analytics
- Proficient in use of Data and Analytics tools including: Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru, Data Guru and Tableau or shows aptitude to quickly learn these tools. Database skills strongly desired
- Optimization practitioner with strong experience of strategic optimization - knowledge of the principles of optimization and how optimization is performed using software packages, familiarity with network optimization, inventory optimization, product flow analysis, operations planning, and cost to serve analysis.
- Comfortable with data manipulation and data analytics - very strong with handling large volumes of data
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, organized and high attention to detail
- Strong collaboration skills essential for work between the COE, Zones, and Stakeholders across business functions
About the Company
We are AB InBev. Committed to driving growth that leads to better living for more people, in more places. Through brands and experiences that bring people together. Through our dedication to brewing the best beer with the best ingredients. And through our commitment to helping farmers, retailers, entrepreneurs and communities grow. We are building a company to last. Not just for a decade, but for the next 100 years. Through our brands and our investment in communities, we will bring more people together, making our company an integral part of our consumers' lives for generations to come.
Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium; to the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US; and the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. Now, with operations in over 50 countries, and our brands sold in over 100, we are truly a world leader, and our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser®, Corona® and Stella Artois®.