About the role:
AB InBev seeks a Global R&D Senior Packaging Engineer to join their Global Innovation & Technology Center.
GITEC is AB InBev's Global Research & Development Center located in its secure facility at AB InBev's Global Headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. At GITEC, a diverse team of more than 120 scientists, pulling from more than 20 nationalities, work diligently to achieve GITEC's Dream of 'Bringing people together to create and deliver winning innovation and technologies', through developing breakthrough raw materials, packaging and brewing processes.
Of course, the front end R&D work in Belgium is only part of the story. GITEC scientists collaborate with multiple internal and external partners across the globe to gain relevant expertise and understanding of the business technical and commercial needs, and to execute first implementation of new technologies.
We dream big, we look to the future, we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
The opportunity is here, make it yours!
Global Fiber Senior Packaging Engineer
Location: Global Headquarters - GITEC - Leuven Belgium
Reporting to Global Director Packaging Technology
Purpose of the Job
- Design and deliver breakthrough paper packaging (carton, corrugate, labels) technologies to deliver cost saving, capex avoidance, carbon footprint reduction or product quality improvement, through leading execution of global projects and consulting zone projects
- Responsible for overall platform tracking and monitoring
- Be the company recognized expert on paper packaging
- Global AB-InBev paper packaging portfolio, approx. 1.5 billion USD annual spend
- Focusing on paper chemistry, paper manufacturing, paper packaging design, paper packaging manufacturing andpackaging transport
- Multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Daily collaboration with internal (engineering, procurement ...) and external (universities, suppliers, institutes ...) partners
- Responsible to identify, scope and verify new technologies and opportunities
- Lead execution of feasibility, development and first implementation through multifunctional teams and on the field presence
About the candidate:
- Relevant scientific Master degree
- 5-10 years profound professional technical expertise on paper chemistry and paper manufacturing
- In depth understanding of paper packaging design/specifications and paper packaging manufacturing
- DOE (Design of Experiment) or Six Sigma (Black Belt, Green Belt) certified, or equivalent trough experience
- Experience and passion for front end technologies
- Strong ability to lead and manage projects and project portfolio with high level of complexity
- Strong communication skills, perseverance, agility, ownership behavior
- Fluent in English
- Significant global travelling involved
About the Company
We are AB InBev. Committed to driving growth that leads to better living for more people, in more places. Through brands and experiences that bring people together. Through our dedication to brewing the best beer with the best ingredients. And through our commitment to helping farmers, retailers, entrepreneurs and communities grow. We are building a company to last. Not just for a decade, but for the next 100 years. Through our brands and our investment in communities, we will bring more people together, making our company an integral part of our consumers' lives for generations to come.
Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium; to the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US; and the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. Now, w ith operations in over 50 countries, and our brands sold in over 100, we are truly a world leader, and o ur diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser®, Corona® and Stella Artois®.