About the role:
AB InBev seeks a Global R&D Senior Packaging Engineer to join their Global Innovation & Technology Center.
GITEC is AB InBev's Global Research & Development Center located in its secure facility at AB InBev's Global Headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. At GITEC, a diverse team of more than 120 scientists, pulling from more than 20 nationalities, work diligently to achieve GITEC's Dream of 'Bringing people together to create and deliver winning innovation and technologies', through developing breakthrough raw materials, packaging and brewing processes.
Of course, the front end R&D work in Belgium is only part of the story. GITEC scientists collaborate with multiple internal and external partners across the globe to gain relevant expertise and understanding of the business technical and commercial needs, and to execute first implementation of new technologies.
We dream big, we look to the future, we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
The opportunity is here, make it yours!
Global Headquarters - GITEC - Leuven Belgium
Location: Global Headquarters - GITEC - Leuven Belgium
Reporting to Global Director Packaging Technology
Purpose of the Job
- Design and deliver breakthrough aluminum two piece beverage container technologies to deliver cost saving, capex avoidance, carbon footprint reduction or product quality improvement, through leading execution of global projects and consulting zone projects
- Responsible for overall platform tracking and monitoring
- Be the company recognized expert on aluminum two piece container
- Global AB-InBev metal packaging portfolio, approx. 3.5 billion USD annual spend.
- Focusing on the full supply chain: alloy chemistry, aluminum two piece container design, aluminum two piece container manufacturing, aluminum two piece container filling and aluminum two piece container transport
- Multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Daily collaboration with internal (in-house manufacturing operations, engineering, procurement ...) and external (universities, suppliers, institutes ...) partners
- Responsible to identify, scope and verify new technologies and opportunities
- Lead execution of feasibility, development and first implementation through multifunctional teams and on location presence
About the candidate:
- Relevant scientific Master degree
- 5-10 years profound professional technical expertise on aluminum two piece beverage container design/specifications and aluminum two piece beverage container manufacturing
- In depth knowledge on alloy chemistry and aluminum two piece container filling
- DOE (Design of Experiment) or Six Sigma (Black Belt, Green Belt) certified, or equivalent experience
- Experience and passion for front end technologies
- Strong ability to lead and manage projects and project portfolio with high level of complexity
- Strong communication skills, perseverance, agility, ownership behavior
- Fluent in English
- Significant global travelling involved
At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That's why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you'll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we'll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!