About the role:
At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That's why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you'll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we'll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
Global R&D Manager Co Product Development
Specialist in Fibers and Protein Technology Development
Reporting to Global R&D Raw Material Director
Purpose of the Job:
To lead challenging Process Technology and Materials development projects & initiatives with high complexity & with specialization in brewing raw material co-products (fibers and protein) in order to meet or exceed current and future business demands.
- Responsible to develop and validate new processes increasing value generation from current brewing co products. One key element is to secure and advantageous IP situation for ABInBev
- Responsible to deliver raw material co-product prototypes with the right quality, in time and within budget for global innovation projects
- To continuously scout and identify new ideas / opportunities for ABInBev to increase the business made from brewing co products.
- Promoting synergies among the different global regions, integrating knowledge and support global innovation and supply teams identifying best solutions
- To understand consumer insights and competitors' strategy, and to integrate this in the frame of our Product & Material development initiatives, to ensure the right decisions are taken in the benefit of AB InBev.
- Work in conjunction with knowledge centers linked to brewing raw materials (Hops, Cereals, Barley, Malting...) to ensure that long term Strategies are in place and approved.
- Responsibility for scientific project management & leading of development projects with high complexity and / or risk.
- Responsible to deliver a detailed plan, validated with internal clients, integrating all steps required to ensure adequate achievement of agreed timelines and objectives.
- Monthly reporting of status for senior management.
- Responsible to communicate relevant project information and project progress to team members, project stakeholders and other key individuals within the organization. Deliver monthly reports.
- To influence the project team members and relevant individuals within the organization in positive manner that leads to the successful achievement of the project objectives.
- Responsible for the implementation of Global projects, working together with all Zones in the world.
- Define development/ implementation plan with internal clients, through definition of KPI, multifunctional team, project structure, project steps and responsibilities at global / zone level.
- Responsible to ensure adequate implementation and post-launch appraisal on projects under his/her leadership.
- To keep building up technical expertise in the fiber & protein space, derived from brewing raw
- To keep building up technical expertise in the fiber & protein space, derived from brewing raw materials while disseminating the acquired knowledge within the organization, providing technological support and identifying technical solutions with the potential to meet internal and external business demands
- Being able to exchange, prioritize, develop and implement new ideas with the objectives of innovation, product and quality improvement.
- To identify best practices (internal and external), share and propose ideas, test, implement and standardize them in order to maximize company benefit.
- To support, develop and mentor staff, both individually and as members of cross-functional teams.
- To leverage an established network within the organization and throughout the supplier and related industry communities.
- To pro-actively understand gaps and map solutions in the fields variable cost reduction.
About the candidate:
Education & Experience requirements:
- Phd University technical degree or equivalent (Food Science, Biochemistry, Biology, Agronomy).
- Additional technical brewing education & business oriented qualifications are an asset
- Expert knowledge in fibers and protein for human nutrition (process & or product development)
- Good understanding of the brewing process and its raw materials used.
- Passion and excitement for the field of human nutrition
- Experience with R&D and scientific research
- Good understanding of regulatory framework in key markets (EUR, US, Asia, South America)
- Demonstrated successful experience in management of projects of high complexity and or risk profile (product, material and process feasibility / development / implementation)
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to impact and influence to move things forward, while balancing differing ideas / agendas.
- Strong team player and target-oriented with respect for quality and timing.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with Intellectual Property matters.
- Demonstrated high ability to anticipate, support, drive and manage change, being open to innovation by generating new solutions and developing creative approaches.
- Very good communicator, very good convincing skills, demonstrated ability to translate technical items into commercial concepts and vice-versa. Demonstrated strong ability to communicate and negotiate with (internal / external) stakeholders in different areas and levels.
- Able to bridge cultural diversity.
- Committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Fluent in English. Additional languages are an asset.
- General commercial and financial understanding.
About the Company
We are AB InBev. Committed to driving growth that leads to better living for more people, in more places. Through brands and experiences that bring people together. Through our dedication to brewing the best beer with the best ingredients. And through our commitment to helping farmers, retailers, entrepreneurs and communities grow. We are building a company to last. Not just for a decade, but for the next 100 years. Through our brands and our investment in communities, we will bring more people together, making our company an integral part of our consumers' lives for generations to come.
Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium; to the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US; and the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. Now, w ith operations in over 50 countries, and our brands sold in over 100, we are truly a world leader, and o ur diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser®, Corona® and Stella Artois®.