The Global Brand Manager reports to the Global Brand Director - JDTH, JDTF, JDTR and will be a key member of the Jack Daniel's Global team. He/she will be an integral part of the group responsible for the deployment and activation of the Global business strategy for Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey. Launched in 2011, JDTH has rapidly grown and is now sold in more than 100 countries across the world. "Jack Honey" is the second largest contributor to the Jack Daniel's trademark. The brand is also responsible for recruiting millions of new LDA consumers into the franchise and supporting JDTW, the beating heart of the franchise. JDTH continues to have a long runway for growth and the Global Brand Manager will be a vital part of the team to ensure this goal is achieved. This responsibility covers the full range of influences on brand and portfolio value creation - sometimes referred to as the "Five Ps" - and demands a strong grasp of the many components of the "Art & Science" of brand building. Ultimate success in the position will be assessed via a blend of brand performance metrics and leadership effectiveness.
The Global Brand Manager is responsible for creating, executing, and evaluating highly innovative brand building programs. Specific responsibilities include:
Execute, evaluate, and create brand building programs for JDTH.
- Lead a "learning loop" that evaluates performance, addresses new opportunities, and shares best practices.
- Participate in critical portions of the planning cycle to include S&I, Brand Planning
- Participate in Resource Allocation, and long term strategy development.
- Complete robust analytics and diagnosis of business and consumer issues and opportunities to influence brand plans globally and in local markets.
- Develop platforms and program elements that solve business issues and better meet the markets' needs.
Lead with influence by connecting and collaborating with global stakeholders
- Evaluate overall brand opportunities, market needs and program effectiveness to develop brand platforms and programs that grow the brand based on team input.
- Lead agencies and internal teams for the creation of brand assets and programs which may include; traditional communications, digital / social communications, packaging, PR, experiential and event-based projects.
- Collaborate exceptionally well with multiple internal and external contacts including other brand team members, the digital, insights, PR and finance functions as well as regional marketing teams and agencies.
- Learn the business: demonstrate curiosity and be proactive in seeking out learning opportunities with the functions above. Work closely with the broader team to hone the practices of marketing.
- Sharing of best practices.
Manage and collaborate with innovation, production and packaging teams to execute brand programs
- Manage special packaging and innovation projects to deliver new brand introductions or changes to product or packaging.
- Work with local and global teams to ensure the process for all secondary packaging (gift) is managed appropriately.
Key Connections - Internal/External:
The following stakeholders are essential points of connection for this role:
- JDFOB Leadership Team - all.
- Brands Leadership Team - primarily Consumer Insights and Marketing Services teams
- Regional and country marketing directors.
- Key market JD and marketing leaders.
- Jack Daniel Distillery teams - in particular, GM, Master Distiller and Homeplace leader.
- R&D leadership.
- JDPI Team
Desired Leadership Characteristics:
The Global Brand Manager Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey is a Brown-Forman leader. As such, the leadership characteristics the role requires are captured within "The BF Brand of Leadership" and is best described as "respectful leadership". Attributes of this are an open-minded and collaborative spirit grounded in trust, a belief that "no one of us is as smart as all of us", an equal appreciation of the "what" (results) and the "how" (process, relationships), the practice of diversity and inclusion, a commitment to highly responsible and caring behavior, and a regular demonstration of humility.
- B.A. plus 4+ years marketing, sales or sales promotion experience
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated experience in developing, executing and managing programs or promotions
- Strong verbal and written communicator who can create clear images through words
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively in a collaborative matrix
- Experience working with outside agencies (POS development, advertising...)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute innovative "big ideas"
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to turn "insights to actions"
- Strong results orientation, with a track record of delivering
- Ability and willingness to travel 25-30% of the time, including some weekends
- Spirits/ Bev Alc industry experience.
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel's & Cola, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel's Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman's brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.