About the role
Bacardi Japan Accounting Assistant Manger's objective is to help entity's management team succeed in executing their responsibilities by providing timely and relevant financial information and analysis.
The role is responsible for all aspects of financial analysis and performance management, including but not limiting to planning and preparing budget and forecasts, closing the monthly/quarterly/annual books and preparing financial dashboard, preparing quarterly closing deck, preparing monthly volume/shipment/depletion report, and performing other ad hoc analysis and reports as required by the management.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Prepare financial reports and analysis that facilitate the performance management of Bacardi Japan:
- Financial closing: Support monthly / quarterly / annual closing including various reports submissions utilizing SAP, TM1, Controller, STC and other systems as required.
- Draft and verify the uploaded data into ERP for each account heading of BS/PL, reconciliation of uploaded data
- Prepare monthly and regularly scheduled reports relating to volume, sales, A&P, S&C, etc. on time to support effective decision making
- Support tax related matters and reporting (Conversion of Japanese GAAP to US GAAP)
- Support internal and external audits
- Support Global and Regional financial initiatives/projects as required
Financial Governance and Controls
- Secure compliance through maintenance, documentation and execution of internal controls in line with Bacardi Policies, Procedures and Manuals.
- Support in driving strong governance and controls within Bacardi Japan.
Measures of success
- Timely and accurate delivery of required deliverables
- Identify process automation and lead time reduction opportunities and implement process improvement
- Other Bacardi Japan functions are clear about actual reporting and planning process requirements, which results in strong engagement and smooth planning and actuals reporting process
- Improved forecast accuracy
- Good level of internal controls
Critical experiences for success
- Minimum 5 year experience in general accounting and finance, of which minimum 2 year experience in financial analysis utilizing advanced management reporting systems
- Experience in consumer goods sales and marketing financial analysis will be considered as an advantage
- University degree in finance or accounting
- Fluent Japanese and English pre-requisite (written and verbal)
- Financial Forecasting, Analysis and Performance management
- Management Accounting
- Standard Costing
- Financial Governance and Controls
- US GAAP / Japan GAAP / IFRS knowledge
Business Skills / Competencies:
- Analytical skills / Problem analysis
- Communication and Listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management and coordination
- Continuous Process Improvement and Change Management
- Operational Excellence principles
Personal Profile / Leadership Skills:
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and desire to understand deeper
- Good time management and prioritizing abilities - ability to manage multiple tasks; drive to get the job done on time; anticipate and identify bottlenecks or issues
- Ability and confidence to communicate at all levels in the organization
- Knows the importance of team-work and has the ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Proactive and takes the initiative to make change and to make things happen
- Dynamic, self-motivator with continuous improvement mindset
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- SAP and Cognos TM1
- Data architecture design, integration and mining skills is an advantage (especially SAP BW and Cognos
Living Bacardi Values - Trust, Excellence, Caring, Passion and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future.
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.