The Shopper Marketing Manager, Liquor Chains, guides strategic & creative deployment of brands across several key National Account customers. The role develops and executes customer specific retail programs intended to drive traffic, increase basket, and/or increase conversion. As a team, we are also moving in a direction where we are building and executing big, scalable insight driven programs that can be executed across customers where we feel there is a big enough opportunity.
In addition to working hand-in-hand with the National Accounts Sales teams, this role will also work closely with the CP&A (Commercial Planning & Activation) and brand teams to 1) establish a feedback loop; to help them better understand the customer situation with national accounts so that they can develop programming that can be used by national accounts and 2) to take the programming and assets that they develop for their respective brands/categories and find a home for them with the national accounts customers.
Additionally, you will be working very closely with our numerous agency resources as well as finance, legal, and our distributor partners.
This role reports into and provides critical input to the Director of Shopper Marketing.
Complexity of Role:
This role requires someone who can juggle numerous projects at one time and is able to flex their style based on the stakeholder/function they are interacting with. There must be an understanding of data and insights and a preexisting knowledge of key national customers and shoppers. Clear communication is essential as is strong project management. There must be an ability to manage not only numerous projects and stakeholders, but agency relationships too. While this role does not have any direct reports, the ability to lead and influence decisions and decision makers is critical.
- Ability to build adapt and/or build big, creative programs. To develop & translate customer & shopper insights into customer specific activities and programs
- Collaborative spirit. This position interfaces with many different parts of the organization. You will work with sales, Commercial Planning &Activation, brand, legal, agencies, and some of our distributor partners. The collaborative spirit is also critical to build the much needed relationships with our customers; both on the buying side and even better, on the marketing side.
- Flexibility. As is often the case with this business, plans and direction will change from time to time. Multiple projects will present themselves at once and sometimes all of your key customers will have a major deliverable at the same time. Being able to prioritize and self-manage will be essential to the success in this position.
- Strong presentation skills. Having a good data driven story is critical, but you must be able to deliver it internally and more importantly externally to persuade our customers.
- Willingness to travel. Figure 20% of your time will be spent traveling to meet with sales, customers, or distributors.
7+ years of experience CPG environment, track record of success in: shopper/consumer insight development, brand activation, joint customer business planning. Strong previous experience with customers (on or off premise or Liquor Chain channels) shopper/customer marketing curriculum. Ability to switch seamlessly between ideation and commercial. Agency experience (first-hand or managing of agencies) a plus.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.