The purpose of the role is to use strong functional expertise within packaging related equipment and production processes, with environmental understanding to drive sustainability, innovation, and growth agenda. To provide technical expertise to others in materials, material/machine interactions, and manufacturing. To strengthen and grow the Technical Equity of our core brands by leveraging functional expertise to solve critical problems, define and improve the accuracy of our technical standards, and verify performance of our manufacturing sites against these high standards. Stand in the future, be an active participant in shaping the destiny of P&T, be creative, inspire yourself and others to break out of existing business paradigms, raising the creative effectiveness of the entire Technical Organization.
- Deliver the investigation, development and research of packaging equipment and materials to improve performance, lower costs, improve quality and operating efficiency
- Develop partnerships with key manufacturing stakeholders to understand the short term and long-term supply opportunities as they relate to packaging equipment
- Work in partnership with suppliers/OEM to enhance capabilities and drive performance resulting in improved quality and plant efficiency for our production sites as well as supplier sites.
- Provides expert level leadership and guidance in resolving critical challenges in manufacturing or commercialization of complex packaging or pack / machine interaction issues, including leading cross-functional Root Cause Problem Solving exercises.
- Establishes processes and leads efforts to define technical standards for our core products and processes, both domestically and globally.
- Builds strong relationships and networks at all levels of the organization to maximize Diageo value working across the global supply, procurement, and regulatory communities, and with internal/external partners to strengthen the equity of our products and Diageo's reputation.
- BS Degree required in Engineering, Science or Packaging Equipment Technology
- 5-7 years' experience in R&D, packaging equipment technology and/or Engineering related roles of increasing responsibility within the Food & Beverage Consumer Packaged Goods businesses.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage deep functional expertise in primary and secondary packaging to solve complex technical problems and lead implementation of solutions.
- Strong technical depth and performance management skills, dynamic cross-functional interaction, and highly effective project management, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership skills in influencing across multiple levels within the organization, creating possibilities (entrepreneurial mentality), change management, managing for value and people performance, sound commercial judgment, and ability to build alignment with key business partner's, leadership & one's team.
- Role requires 20% domestic travel.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.